“Great food! Great Service!”
Review of Sammy's Cucina

Sammy's Cucina
Ranked #1 of 31 Restaurants in Flat Rock
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Homemade delicious food. We have had alot of items on the menu and always loved everything! Someone in the comments mentioned no restroom, not true that person has to look for the door that has a picture of stick people on it that says restroom. As far as the chairs go next time ask for a high chair if your too small for the stool. As for the drinks there the waitress does refill them, was yours an alcoholic beverage because I don't think there is free refills on those! Any door you sit next to will be cold when someone opens it , otherwise the temperature is just fine there.

5  Thank Sandi467

Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

1) annoying TV blaring sports the whole time we're here & not 1 person is watching it. WHY IS IT HERE? WHY IS IT ON?
2) freezing cold. 1 pair of diners changed tables seeking a warmer er area. Another woman moved to a different chair at her table. 2/3 of customers were wearing their coats; two people went to their car to get their coats!
3) waitress hung over the back of chairs & leaned over tables as she took orders. At one table she was actually scratching her head OVER THE TABLE! Dear god, really?!
4) when she finally came back after my glass had been empty for 10 minutes, she said "are you doing ok here? Duh. Isn't it common sense to keep customers glasses filled?
5) no restrooms available for customers (I assume they consider us the "public" since we aren't employees?). Thought it was mandatory to have one in dine-in restaurants...
6) very uncomfortable "high" almost bar stool seating--I'm 5'3" & my husband is almost 6'. His feet didn't reach the floor and mine barely reached the wooden slat on the chair (so I was at least able to
rest them there).
7) food was so-so. Waitress said the pizzaburger sub was "great".
It was small and pretty dry. Husband's turkey club was better but the cheese had an odd taste and texture. Just not impressive

4  Thank Kona-ray
Reviewed March 31, 2013

my office orders out from Sammys every once in a while. During out recent spring cleaning event, we decided to order several pasta dishes to share. The Gnocchi with vodka sauce was amazing! it was a big hit in the office and we are all planning our next trip for take out. We also had the penne with meat sauce and melted cheese, garlic bread, michigan cherry salad and antipasto salald. They were large portions also!

1  Thank heathork
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I used to dine at Sammy's restaurant in Wyandotte years ago and have since moved out of Michigan. I'm so glad that he stayed in the food business and that his recipes have not changed. Sammy's is now nestled in a strip mall near a supermarket...not where you would expect to find awesome Italian food. Right at the corner of Telegraph and West Roads, its a convenient location. The place is small...maybe six tables. Most of his business is carry-out. Dont expect the best of service if you dine in but it is good enough and the food is certainly worth any shortcomings in service. The pasta is the best. My favorite dish is the Penne Vodka. Be careful when you order...the medium will easily serve two or three people. The meatballs are perfection and worth adding to any meal, or even by themselves as a lighter meal. The Chicken Parm is another favorite. Again, portions are very healthy so you might want to share. A lot of people order pizza, and it looks good, but you really cant beat the pasta. My wife and I grew up in the downriver area but now live out of state. We were in town for a short weekend and had to decide which of our favorite places we would dine at. There was never a question about putting Sammy's on the list. If I still lived in the area, I would be eating here a lot.

2  Thank eatbread
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Ate there a few times & have never been dissappointed. You might have to wait for a seat, as seating is quite limited, but they do offer carry-out, which we haven't tried yet.

2  Thank DeansZG