“One star out of five for Star of India”
Review of Star of India

Star of India
Ranked #48 of 96 Restaurants in Ferndale
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
southfield, mi
“One star out of five for Star of India”
Reviewed April 25, 2012

My wife and I went there craving the delicious food of the sub-continent. All we got was slop. My wife ordered the vegetarian dinner for one. I ordered the chicken tikka, mango chutney and spinach. The samosas were like turnovers and only contained cubed potato. The chicken was foul not fowl. It smelled bad and tasted worse. It was exchanged for a vegetarian dish of raisins and almonds. It contained only potatoes in coconut milk. I was told it contained "raisin and almond paste", It too was sent back. The spinach was like it was just from a box of frozen spinach and tasted old. The coup de grace was my wife's mango ice cream. The "ice cream" was more ice than cream and should have been retired month's ago. Not only, was the food flat and tasteless, it was long past burial. It is priced like most Indian restaurants. Since almost every dish is ala carte we found it overpriced. P.S both of us were nauseous the entire night.

• Visited April 2012

Detroit
“A hidden treasure”
Reviewed March 10, 2012

Everything here is house-made, including the yogurt and the na-an. A marvelous yogurt mango drink that either tempers the spices in dinner or serves as a delightful dessert. A nicely varied menu. While no wine is served patrons are permitted to bring their own.

Mexico City, Mexico
“worst Tikka Masala”
Reviewed February 28, 2012

Not very good, tasted bland and more like gravy than indian food.

Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
“Finally found good Indian food!”
Reviewed January 3, 2012

This restaurant is family run. The food is very good! While the restaurant does not have a liquor license you are welcome to bring your own.
While dining there another family informed us that they have come for over 12 years and now drive over 30 minutes just to have Friday night Curry.

Ferndale, Michigan
“Delicious food at Star of India-with great ambiance!”
Reviewed October 23, 2011

I ate at Star of India a few years ago for the lunch buffet and it was good. I revisited tonite with my mom and a friend. The food was absolutely delicious-I ate the whole plate and now I am still full but not uncomfortable. The staff is so friendly and kind and the place is sophisticated, with great front window views on 9 Mile Road. I highly recommend Star of India!

• Visited October 2011