“Poor staff”

Tokyo Sushi & Thai
Ranked #83 of 116 Restaurants in Ferndale
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Thai
Reviewed August 25, 2015

Ordered 2 appetizers selections of the menu.
1st item "Spring Rolls" which come as 2 spring rolls with these selection.
2nd item "Tofu Todd" fried bean curd.
Some how my order get doubled, 4 spring rolls and 2 orders of tofu.
When the server asked did I want to double the order, I said NO!.
Then I state the priced of each item listed for the menu that I was only ordering.
$2.75 worth of spring rolls & $4.50 worth of tofu. But, I got $4.50 worth of spring rolls and $9.00 worth of tofu.
I paid the bill because the other ones in the party wanted some of the items.
I paid the bill & left only the loose change for a tip which was about 3% of the bill. 99.9% of the time I leave at least 20% for the tip.
No more arguing.
Quality of the food poor.

Date of visit: August 2015
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I went around lunch time for a carryout & the place was dead- that should've been a clue. The interior was pleasant & clean looking. However, when I got home less than 1 mile away , I discovered the quaint interior was the only thing good about it.
My chicken satay was small & dried out- looked like an index finger of a corpse. It also did not have peanut sauce. I called the restaurant & they said they did not have peanut sauce at this location. Hello? Isn't that a main ingredient of satay? Wasted $8.You need some kind of sauce on this dried meat for sure. She said "yea, yea, tanks" & hung up on me. Bad customer service.
The dragon sushi roll was fishy & its eel! How is cooked eel fishy? It also has a creamy sauce on it. :( You need more wasabi to get past the fishy taste & that was even slightly runny.
Thankfully I ordered pad thai also. That seemed ok. Stick with noodles to be safe if have to go here. Much more superior thai & sushi places less than 1 mile away -even better.

Date of visit: July 2013