“First Visit to Ferndale”
Review of Rosie O'Grady's

Rosie O'Grady's
Ranked #30 of 103 Restaurants in Ferndale
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed November 19, 2012

The wife and I had always heard about Rosie's but have never made it to Ferndale to try it out. Being from the western burbs the Ferndale and Royal Oak area seem to far to travel to just grab a bite to eat. After reading the reviews here I was concerned about our get together with a group of her co workers but figured the beer would be cold either way.

We had the game room area reserved for our group on a Saturday night. Our server Jess did a great job, so much that when restaurants normally add gratuity to the bill I don't add to it since I don't agree with the practice as it seems like you get sub par service since the server knows there getting a tip regardless. But due to her service I didn't feel the %20 added to the tab was enough for the work she did and made sure she received the %25 which she deserved. With multiple couples and all the tabs to go along with she managed to take care of everyone. We were impressed.

Food wise we ordered the potato skins, artichoke dip (wife thought a bit to garlicky), chicken tenders, quesidillas, tortilla chips with salsa and the cheese sauce. We also tried the buffalo chicken wrap and chicken cobb sandwich for our meals. All the food was tasty and served in a reasonable amount of time.

The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is that the food runners weren't the most pleasant as they would just walk up and state the name of the item they had and throw it down. A little personality would be nice on there part. Say "Hi" smile, etc. The other thing was while we had the game room and were able to chat with everyone the place is rather loud. If we had been in the regular dining room if you had a larger group having discussions with other would be tough. Two older couples were leaving when we did and we overheard them complaining about the noise too and how it was hard for the four of them to chat.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Just went for the first time. Friendly bar staff, plethera of tv's for Sports Viewing, Good DJ, and lots of beautiful people. Overall a very good experience. Reasonably priced, and the everyone in my party was happy with their food. The ONLY complaint I have is there isnt adequate table space for parties of more than 4. They had like 4 tables that were large enough to accommodate 8 people. So, not a good place to go if you have a large party, unless you make a reservation for a larger Table. Other than that, i recommend this place to anyone looking for good service, good food and fun times!!!!

Reviewed October 3, 2012

We had a going away party there for a friend leaving town. I hadn't been there for dinner before but have had some uninspired lunches there prior with co-workers. But this time around was much much different- it was a much livelier crowd and the food even tasted better! Multiple televisions kept me abreast of all the ballgames and the atmosphere from lunch to evening was 180º different. While bustling and festive, we had a booth where we could still have a conversation without having to yell over the music. If one wanted something a little livelier all one had to do was get a taller cocktail table or get closer to the bar. This place has got enough room to spread out and find a quieter corner if need be.

The chicken fingers we had were small but my order of shepherd's pie was quite tasty. I'd recommend it highly; flavorful spiced meat with two dollops of mashed on top. The drink selection was quite good and the service was speedy, attentive and friendly. Despite how busy the place was, our server Angie never rushed us nor did we ever felt unattended.

This is a place we're definitely coming back for late nights as it was fun, the food was good, service was speedy, and it wasn't so loud we couldn't hear ourselves. Good times!

Reviewed September 18, 2012

Stopped here to eat during the Art Festival. The place was packed. Had to wait a while to eat but the staff was very attentive. Food was very good even with such a large crowd. Had the Godfather and it was great. Would love to come back and eat out on the patio at night.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

I love the Three Way Sandwich. I don't think I've seen it at anywhere else. What we really like is on Wednesdays Kids eat free and they usually have a character, magician or something for the kids. The individual TVs in the booths are fun also, especially for Keno. Wait staff has always been attentive and good. No problems here.