“I. LOVE. TOAST!”

Dining options: Breakfast
Huntsville, Alabama
“I. LOVE. TOAST!”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I love breakfast. This restaurant is in my top two places. It is a small neighborhood eatery but it is big on taste. The decor kinda puts me in the mind of 70's diner meets artsy. The place is clean, and the Ladies bathroom is adorably clean. I can't speak on the men's restroom as I didn't go into that one. I was able to dine here on two occasions while on vacation in Michigan. The first time I sat inside. The second time I sat outside in the little breezeway next to the business that's next to Toast. Did you get that? That's Toasts' version of a "patio" but it is cute and decorative.

The menu is kind of eccentric. It was hard to make up my mind so I went with a custom spinach omelet. It was soooo good! The homefries were delicious, and the grits were creamy, cheesy, and a little rich. The service was professional and attentive.

The second time I visited I sat outside. The service was a little slower but I'm not complaining. I ordered the Eggs Benedict...and I wish I had ordered it the first time I went also. I enjoyed the Eggs Benedict more than the omelet! This place is definitely a go-to spot for great food, worth every penny.

• Visited August 2012

Newport Beach, CA
“Wonderful breakfast and lunch joint”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

A wonderful, warm and inviting cafe that serves a great menu of all sorts of choices. My favorite was a grilled cheese sandwich with cheddar and Swiss cheese with tomato and jalapeños along with a bowl of tomato basil soup. It could not get any better. Everyone in our party had different itemsandloved the mall.yum,yum and kid friendly, but quiet!

• Visited February 2013
Ferndale, Michigan
“Don't dine in, just do carry out”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

The food here is great and worth the slightly higher prices. The menu is very creative and better than simple diner fare. The only problem is this place is extremely small, like almost every other Ferndale restaurant. There is a counter with a few seats, and then maybe 10 other tables. Half of those tables are for two people. We decided to dine in when we had a friend in town which was a big mistake. We arrived an hour before it closed on a Sunday, at 2PM. It was completely full but we were told only two people in front of us and should go quickly. Problem was the other customers decided that this little packed diner would be there hang out for the rest of the afternoon. In one hour, two tables had left. In an extremely small packed restaurant, when you see multiple groups of people lined up waiting, it would be kind of polite to eat and leave. If you are just going to sit and drink coffee, go to a coffee shop. Another small problem was a man and his toddler aged daughter were waiting in front of us. A four person booth opened up and they gave it to him, and she ended up using a highchair. I completely support first come first serve, but it was a complete waste of a booth and our huge group of three had to wait an hour before we could be seated. A group of two that arrived well after us was seated well before us because they have so few tables for three or more people. We eventually did get seated after they closed and the staff was great about it, they had no problem still serving us. I will continue to go here but have no plans on dining in again. Carry out only!!!!!

• Visited January 2013
Berkley, Michigan
“Favorite breakfast spot”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

This place is always lively for good reason. The atmosphere is retro. The food is inventive and amazing. Their signature banana coffee is a must. The OJ tastes freshly squeezed. My favorites include the steel cut oats with berries, jalapeño waffle was amazing (a special), the omlettes are awesome- even the crazy ones that just sound weird like putting Michigan cherries in an omlette. the ultimate must is the cinnamon toast crunch- may not be on the menu currently, but they will still make it anyway. It will make you smile for sure. The only cons are sometimes the wait, but it usually goes fast and I usually have to change clothes afterwards as the smell of breakfast can seep into your clothes (seems to be improving lately). What also is fun is no coffee mug is the same- it is like a grandmas cupboard surprise!

• Visited December 2012
Detroit, Michigan
“Delicious breakfast”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

My husband and I recently went here for brunch on Saturday. We were glad we didn't have the kids with us because of the wait. However, it was well worth it! I enjoyed every bite of the French toast with yogurt and granola, and loved the home fries I stole from his plate!