“Nice patio, good pizza, decent service”

Como's Restaurant & Pizzeria
Ranked #66 of 94 Restaurants in Ferndale
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Bar, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dayton, Ohio
“Nice patio, good pizza, decent service”
Reviewed July 24, 2012 via mobile

We were there with a larger party of 7 people on a busy Friday night. The weather was beautiful and the patio was packed. Our server was great -- bringing pitchers of soda and turning the order quickly. The large salads to share appeared within minutes. I recommend them. We ordered two for our large group. The pizzas came pretty quickly too, especially given how busy the restaurant was overall. We liked the thin crust -- it had just the right amount of crunch and chew. We ordered 4 large pizzas to be sure to have leftovers for breakfast. Our experience overall was very positive.

Oak Park, Michigan
“SLOW Service”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

The srvice at Como's it very slow. Pizza is very good but you can forget about the rest of the menu. Bartenders are busy talking and checking their phones to move to fast to make your drink. The Patio is very big but needs a good cleaning and some updating. Most of the staff seemed in a bad mood. With all the GREAT places to eat near by in Ferndale and Royal Oak, you should pass Como's and try someplace else.

• Visited July 2012
Dearborn, Michigan
“Great Old World Pizza in a Very Hip Atmosphere”
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Absolutely delicious round or deep dish pizza. Always fresh they also make a killer antipasto. The other menu items look great, but I always go for the pizza!!!! Beautiful outdoor seating area. Very hip crowd.

Visited July 2012
Fredericksburg, Texas
“My dining experience was excellent, and has been every time.”
Reviewed June 16, 2012

I always like to compare my reviews with the experiences other people have had. The radical difference between my experience, and the reviews of Frank, Andrew and Tim might have a little to do with the ages of the reviewers (I'm a senior citizen), ingestion of alchohol, the time of day, and the way I treated my waitperson. I don't know. I do know I've been hitting this place every time I visit Detroit (which is annually for the Dream Cruise), and I've always enjoyed my visits, and the food. I sit inside, and leave the outside patio to the tourists, and heavy drinkers. I'm usually there for dinner (lunch to Yankees), or supper, not snacks after bar hopping. I drink tea, not booze. This last time, I tried their pizza, and it was excellent. It was "built" to my personal specifications, and idiosyncracies, and was delicious. I like my crust thin and crispy, and it was. My waitperson was helpful, funny, and good humored. The pizza reminded me of the place in my hometown (Lubbock, Texas) which was de rigeur if you wanted to impress your date in high school and college, (Little Italy, closed 25 years ago). But I guess the best thing (or worst, depending on your point of view), about restaurants is that you pays your money, and you takes your chances. For my money, this place is a good place to eat. If you go, tell'em Catfish sentcha. Go for dinner or supper, don't drink alcohol to excess, and be nice to your waitperson. I'll bet your dining experience will be closer to mine than to Frank, Andrew, and Tim. But that's just my guess. (I wonder if they went together, and wrote three reviews?) By the way, I was with a group of seven people, and everyone reported favorably on their food. So, in a way, this is a review for seven people, not just me. But anyrate, I'd recommend this place to anyone, (and have). I checked "scenic view" because if you're a gearhead, there's excellent car watching on Woodward Avenue. Enjoy.

• Visited June 2012
Ferndale, Michigan
“Late at night you can get away with anything”
Reviewed June 11, 2012

This is like the gulag of restaurants in Ferndale. Many years ago they were an ok pizza joint and then they decided they were a italian cuisine restaurant --a joke, The food is fairly scary, this is the kind of place where everybody who works here is extremely unhappy (management issues?) and is likely to spit in your food. The service is bad, food is never right. But hey, they are open late at night --like Taco Bell

Visited May 2012