“Worth A Visit To Ferndale”

Assaggi Mediterranean Bistro
Ranked #6 of 97 Restaurants in Ferndale
Cuisines: French, Lebanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Assagi Bistro deserves its #1 spot on the Tripadvisor list for Ferndale restaurants ... and it would be listed among the top restaurants anywhere in Southeast Michigan. It's that good!

We joined another couple for a Sunday evening dinner after a DSO concert and found Assaggi Bistro about half full ... not bad for a cool Michigan fall day. We were seated quickly and attended to very nicely through the entire meal. Service was excellent ... as was our dinner, drinks and wine.

The menu is extensive and the specialty ... Twice Cooked Moroccan Duck Legs ... was a treat.

One nice touch for those of us on diets is that several of the menu items can be ordered in small, medium or large portions.

We skipped the desserts on this occasion because we planned to have dessert and chat at home that evening. But we have tried several of the desserts on prior visits and they have always been perfect.

1  Thank edlexin

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Ferndale Restaurant week brought me here, and I'm sure to return. The Maple Salmon was well executed, and the service attentive. The only reason for not rating it higher is that I didn't order a highly inventive dish which might demonstrate chef's creativity. Outside patio looks lovely, so will try for that on a future (warm) evening.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

We had a table of 5 last sat night. Made reservation earlier, Josie (one of the owners) called to confirm herself the night before. Very hands on, involved owners. Seated immediately, ordered the antipasto which was fabulous, everybody loved everything! The mushroom gnocchi the best gnocchi I've ever had including Italy. 2 at our table had scallops and raved. Wine great too.
Josie and George (sp?) wonderful hosts...

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have been to Assaggi many times. The food is consistently excellent and the service is as well. I recommend Assaggi to any friends I have visiting as well as managers who are entertaining clients. I have visited other restaurants in this price range only to be disappointed by the food, service, or both. I have never been disappointed at Assaggi and will continue to be a regular diner.

1  Thank Kristy R
Reviewed July 30, 2013

the food was good, but expensive. For what they charged... I would rather go to Morton;s, Capital Grill, Bacco, Flemings or Eddie Merlot's

2  Thank medarts