“Can't go wrong with this restaurant”

Assaggi Mediterranean Bistro
Ranked #2 of 114 Restaurants in Ferndale
Cuisines: French, Lebanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 19, 2012

I love this place. It's like getting a home cooked meal in Italy. Been there twice and I just can't find one negative thing to say, and I'm picky. This is the kind of place that is threatened by the chain restaurants like brio or bravo. Don't hesitate to go here. It's worth the drive!

Reviewed December 13, 2012

Assaggi is consistently the best restaurant we frequent in the metro Detroit area (and in many other areas.) The owners, George and Josie, are always there, greeting their customers and making sure you are happy. The bartender pours the largest drinks I have ever seen. The waitstaff clearly likes working there, and raves about the food, with good reason. The food, which is a blend of mediterranean flavors, tending towards french and lebanese, is consistently superb, the outdoor patio facing the owner's herb garden, took what was previously an ugly walkway to the parking lot and turned it into a beautiful spot. You must try this place.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

We started going to Assagi many years ago before they had a liquor license which of course they do have. The menu is so terrific I always have a hard time choosing. However the barbecued duck leg is fabulous. The next time I will order it in the smaller serving so that I can add in appetizers. Service is very attentive. On a nice summer night there patio outback next the fresh herb garden can't be beat. One of the few restaurants in our area that let you reserve the outdoor seating.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

I've never had a bad experience at this fabulous restaurant. The food is always delicious and the service is excellent. George & Josie do a wonderful job of making everyone feel welcome. I typically come here a couple of times a month with my fiance - it is one of our favorite places to dine. We also hosted a private dinner party here and I couldn't have been more pleased with the outcome. None of our guests had dined here before and they were all plesantly surprised. We have also atteneded several wine dinners at Assaggi. They were all very well organized and the food was top notch. Assaggi is also a great place for Sunday brunch! I just can't say enough good things about this restaurant!

Reviewed September 21, 2012

I could go on and on but Assaggi has become our very favorite local restaurant. The proprietors George and Josie, the bartender (Mr. BIG Pour) Kevin, the wait staff -- and most importantly the great food! You always feels completely at home here and the outside patio in the summer is simply perfect. It's a unforgettable night of dining, fun and friends every time!

2  Thank Michael S