“Delicious food and fun setting”

Local Kitchen and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Local Kitchen and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 97 Restaurants in Ferndale
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 6, 2014

A friend and I had late brunch on a Saturday and the place was only about half full. We sat outside but were not bothered by traffic noise like I had expected, which is why I rarely eat outside. Traffic was light and slow. I had the pork belly/sweet potato tot skillet. It was delicious, a different but tasty combination. And just the right amount of food. My friend got the monte cristo, also delicious. The batter was crispy and the ham/cheese flavor well balanced. This dish was a lot heavier and more filling than what I had. Service was excellent. You need to check out the sink in the ladies room. It's like a fountain that you stand around to wash your hands. I'd never seen anything like it but my friend said her elementary school, way back in the day, had a similar set up.

There are newer reviews for Local Kitchen and Bar

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Menu is described as "comfort food with a twist" which proved to be accurate. I had a traditional burger, my companion had brisket, served with grits and sautéed kale, and the woman behind me had turkey meatloaf, but it was served as a tiered dish (and plenty of it).

You can choose to sit outside by the street, outside, but under cover, or inside, so something for everyone. Pleasant staff and good service.

My only complaint would be not enough of their wine list is available by the glass.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

Being a big fan of owner Rick Halberg's now closed Emily's of Northville, came with high expectations. Was slightly concerned when I looked @ the online menu before our visit, as the dinner menu didn't wow me. At our waitress's recommendation we had the roasted corn appetizer - excellent (though was surprised she didn't tell us it came in 3 portions & we had 4 diners). Also enjoyed the Emily's salad. Our waitress's wine recommendation was good, pairing well with our seafood entrees. Our group was 50/50 on our entrees, OK, but not great, and unfortunately I expect more from a Rick Halberg restaurant. Water service was excellent, as our glasses never were empty. But I had to ask for bread, which was quickly served in the form of tasty corn muffins.

Reviewed June 5, 2014

Lots of fun on a warm night, seated outside with friends, dining on unique meals, refreshing summer drinks, fabulous company and exceptional service. Thanks for a great night!

Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

Great vibe, awesome atmosphere. Came in on a Sunday morning for a quick brunch and was very happy about my experience! I got a glass of fresh squeezed orange juice and the Chilaquiles (aka a combination of huevos rancheros and breakfast nachos) which were both delicious! The meal costed me less than $15 and I left feeling very satisfied. I will be back!!