“Less than Average”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 3, 2013

The service was fine, the food however was disappointing, We ate there last night for the very first time. They said they had just implemented a a Brand New Menu, everything on it was brand new. Which tells me that,, something was wrong with the fist one,,, You don't erase and rewrite a plan for success, (that"s worked).
The Fried green tomatoes were tasteless, The other dish's name slips my memory, but,, it too was almost tasteless, the Duck was ok, but nothing to write about. The Corn muffins, were what you typically get in any restaurant that serves them and honestly tasted like Jiffy corn Muffin mix.
The atmosphere and local,, are wonderful,,, just very disappointing taste wise.

1  Thank dive328

Reviewed October 27, 2013

Really enjoyed dinner here--we were pleased with the food, wine and atmosphere. There is a strong bias for fresh, organic ingredients. Laid back yet busy and bustling at the same time. You won't regret the dining experience.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

This is a relatively new place in Ferndale. They have a good lunch special for $10. Choose one of the following sandwiches - Club, Burger, or Fried Whitefish and add one side - soup, fries, or salad. We each got one of them and the only thing we didn't try was the soup. The sandwiches were good, the Spinach salad was delicious, and if you like skinny, crunchy french fries, this is the place for you. The menu has some variety and the ambiance was very nice. The place smells of mesquite which bothered one of us, though I liked it. The service was a little slow, but we were there off hours and there was only one server. I will go back again.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

My friend and I are on a quest to try something new and different every week so this week it was LOCAL. We waited half an hour on a Friday night for a table for 3, sat in a nice corner spot, were offered drinks and many selections were suggested by our waitress who was wonderful!! I ordered an amaretto sour (as I do everywhere!) and it was mostly sour :( -- on to the next thing! My cousin ordered wine which she enjoyed and my friend ordered Bacardi and coke and she was satisfied. We liked the ambiance, it was pleasant. We ordered appetizers which were just average at best but one of them was free because the time my friend had come prior to this visit she was unable to get a hot meal because of some malfunction in the kitchen..... anyways, we had mac & cheese which wasn't stellar, nothing to write home about--although the crumbled bacon on top was phenomenal!! I would buy that anytime!!; the ham and cheese platter which was so-so but the salami was good. not enough flavorful cheese and some odd tasting olive assortment which I could have done without, bread was great, and lastly - some type of tortilla soup which was ok. On to the main course- my friend ordered the scallops with a corn succotash with butternut squash, a leek and mushroom souffle and sweet potato tots. I ordered the NY strip medium well with a broccolini. My cousin ordered the turkey meatloaf. One word to describe EACH dish- SALTY!! I wanted to LOVE this place because there were so many great aspects of our experience BUT- the FOOD was not one of them!! Perhaps the cook was having a bad day or he had an accident in the kitchen with the salt. Whatever it was, i felt my feet swelling while i was sitting there and my cousin said she was thirsty immediately from the sodium intake!! All in all our experience was average, service was great, price was expensive, drinks were weak, food was very beautifully presented but salty and not edible! I wouldn't rush back here but our server did ease the blow by being so nice!!

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Have been to Local a half a dozen times this summer, lunch and dinner and have found that dining there is a comfortable and quite enjoyable experience. Service is great, food is outstanding.