“Not a breakfast joint.”

Cuisines: American
Hazel Park, Michigan
“Not a breakfast joint.”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I have been hear before and I will say that I had dinner here and it was very good but, breakfast is not so hot. I will say our server was a very nice girl who did a great job the food just did not have any taste that did not come out of a Franks red hot bottle or a salt shaker. I don't eat egg's so my choices are limmited at most restaurants to pancakes or biskets and gravy. They did not have a combo with bacon, potatoes or sausage. This makes the price go sky high. The food was just not good. I think if you are a hipster who want's to show off your new knit cap and don't mind a bland meal this could be your new place. If you want a good breakfast at a fair price keep looking.

• Visited April 2013

Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Great Food & Beer”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Three of us went for some beers & burgers. Pretty great local beer selection. The fries and salads were good. Pretty yummy burgers too. The server was busy, but we didn't mind and wanted to hang out. I'd totally go back.

• Visited August 2012
Royal Oak, Michigan
“Sliders are decent at best.”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I love all of the wood on the bar and behind the bar and all over, but the food is average at best. I don't come here for the food but the ambiance and to grab a drink.

• Visited February 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
“One of my favorite places in Ferndale”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

The atmosphere here is great. The woodwork behind the bar is incredible. The food is excellent and their selection of beers is enormous. I love going here.

Visited January 2013
Ferndale, Michigan
“One bad experience and I will never return”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

It's a shame when your first experience ruins it forever. Three of us arrived at 2PM on a Sunday afternoon hoping for brunch. We had looked at the menu online before we went and were excited to finally try The Emory. The bar area was packed, but the dining area was half empty and there was plenty of open seating. After helping ourselves to a seat, almost 10 minutes passed before someone working there asked if we had been helped. The server apologized for the wait, then informed us brunch ends at 2:45 and lunch will start at 3, however, since they were so busy currently, they were ending brunch service at 2:15 and we would not be able to order. She said we could have a drink and wait until 3 when we could then order lunch. Ummmmmm what???? We told her no thanks and we would go somewhere else, and she completely agreed with us. What kind of management thinks turning away business is a good idea? We could have understood if brunch service was over and now they were starting lunch, but the fact they needed 45 minutes before they would be ready? We will never go back. Ferndale has plenty of other options.

• Visited January 2013