“I want to love this place, but they won't let me”
Review of One-Eyed Betty's

One-Eyed Betty's
Ranked #1 of 98 Restaurants in Ferndale
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed December 23, 2013

The atmosphere, food and beer are fantastic. The beer menu might be a little tricky to figure out, but you get the hang of it. The only reason I don't give this place a 5 star review is because the SERVICE IS ALWAYS AWFUL. I have been here a ton of times, and regret to say I have only had 1 excellent server. The rest have been the absolute WORST. And coming from someone in the service industry, that is saying something. Either it takes 15 minutes for the bartender to acknowledge you, or you sit at a table only to be treated like you are annoying the server with your presence. Expect an average meal to take well over 2 hours to complete, as the first 1/2 hour is spent getting your first drink and the last 1/2 hour is spent trying to cash out.

1  Thank jesikat

Reviewed December 23, 2013

Fun place to meet up with friends. We had a work get together last week. Very happy we picked it. This was my first time. Very friendly staff. The wine was good and so was the food.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

We took an excursion out in the snow and ate lunch at this location. The food was very good and the beer selection was amazing. This seems like a good place to take the kids if you are looking to get out and have the little ones be welcomed and entertained with pinball.

1  Thank April Y
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Three for dinner on a Friday night. An hour plus wait, but it went fast and we got a seat at the bar and sampled their beer and bourbon menu. Outstanding selections a mile long! Very busy and loud, but we were seated in a booth in the back, where it was a bit quieter. Selections included the brussel sprout app, which is a must. Large portion. New Orleans spiced shrimp, which had a kick, their Betty Burger and both were rated as very good. I had the Steak Frite, which was a bit tough and marinated in a Italian like concoction. Ate it all, but would not have it again. For dessert we had the homemade cinnamon and sugar donuts with dipping sauces of chocolate and fruit. Outstanding, served warm. I would go back, just for that. Be prepared for it to be loud and busy. Will return.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

Parking was very convenient, right outside and there was one parking spot with my name on it! So, we parked and went inside. There were games for the young at heart, a nice long bar, and plenty of tables and booths. To look at the menu, OMG, especially the beer menu is overwhelming. Luckily we had this wonderful waiter that took his time with my beer-drinking friend from a dry county in Alabama!!!! Initially she had ordered some sort of Belgium beer that was sour. The waiter questioned her on her tastes and said he would bring her out a sample! Great idea! Well, she hated it and luckily it was a free sample, but he also brought her out a sample of the beer he thought she would like based on his questions. She loved it. Me, I am a wino, so give me some Cab and I am happy - ordered a glass of 14 Hands - mmmmm.

We decided to order an appetizer as well - you know when you drink you should also have something to eat! So, we ordered some fried Okra. Never had that before and I am a fan of Okra so I am thinking this is good. Well, I was not disappointed, but the serving size was humongous, not complaining. We only ate 1/3 of the Okra and I took the rest home for a snack!

One-Eyed Betty's had a great time and my friend from Sweet Home Alabama is back home now and we have favorable memories from you. Definitely a do-again!