“Cool Place, tasty unique food!!”
Review of One-Eyed Betty's

One-Eyed Betty's
Ranked #1 of 95 Restaurants in Ferndale
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Fraser, Michigan
“Cool Place, tasty unique food!!”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

First let me start by saying I'm not a beer dude. I don't drink beer at all.....so this review has nothing to do with their beer menu.

My wife, son and I stopped by for lunch yesterday. The place is kind of quirky, but very cool. There's a public parking lot next to the place so it's easy to find parking during the day.

The food was really great. I had Sausage and peppers and it was wonderful. I also had the beer cheese soup which was also stellar. Nice Job is all I can say.

I'll leave the nightlife to everyone else to review!!! We will go back.

The service was not superb - it was ok at best.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank billee1952

“Great food, awesome ambience”
Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

Great choice of beers.
The food is delicious. I love how they've taken the simplest of everyday foods and given them a subtle twist.
The French onion soup is so delicious and that is not something most places get right. I do believe that this is the first place I've ever ordered Brussels sprouts at a restaurant. And loved them!!!!
I'd eaten so much that I ordered a simple BLT sandwich. Ooo nothing is simple at this place. I was delightfully surprised at their BLT with a twist - garlic aioli and a remarkably fresh spring mix instead of the obligatory tired lettuce.
I will be going back. And not just to see how far they've come with their artwork either ;/)
I think I'll leave those details out of my review and let traveller's discover that for themselves.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank DominoP3
Southfield, Michigan
“Outstanding Soups, Salads & Beer!”
Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

So many draft beers to choose from sooo... I opted for a $7 flight! The selections did not disappoint.
The arugula side salad with olive oil & lemon juice was fresh and tasty. My companion's hot, roasted vege with cold arugula salad and goat cheese provided a perfect temperature contrast.
My cheesy beer soup with croutons was wonderfully flavorful - a standout! The seafood in my companion's gumbo was fresh & the meal was hearty.
Our server was knowledgable and attentive.
Come early and find available parking and seating.
I highly recommend this place!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank VaporK8
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A great night out”
Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

I visited on a Saturday at 7:30 and as you would expect there was an 1-1/2 hour wait. No worries though, they have a long craft beer list with a lil something for everyone. We found a spot at the bar within 2 minutes and are our meal ( fried okra, pork belly sandwich, and fish & chips ) there. I would say all food was above average and made with quality ingredients. Bartenders here are top notch. Very attentive and professional.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank MittenMan83
Macomb, MI
“Great gathering place, not enough parking though”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We read about this restaurant through TripAdvisor as the 2nd place in Ferndale and have decided to give it a try especially it has my husband's favorite beer, Hefeweisen, both on tap and in bottle. It was a Friday night and we had to wait 45mins for our table. But we didn't mind because it's a "happening place". The pinball machine kept our 9-yr-old busy while we enjoyed the beers. Both of the Hefe on taps were good. The menu is simple but unique. We've read the review and tried the Brussel Spout and Pretzels as appetizer. You really got a big portion for the Brussel Spout and it really tasted good. We would never think we will enjoy it. However, we kept tasting it even hours after we ate. Therefore, we doubt we will order it again next time. But ones should definitely try it once. The pretzels were very good, definitely freshly made. It has 3 dipping sauces. They were actually better than any of the German restaurant we've been to. However, the price is a little high ($7 for 3 pieces). But we will definitely order it again next time. All of our dinners were good. But my husband's Spicy Chicken and Sauages was the best. My fried oyster and shrimp Po Boy was OK, nothing special. My daughter's Shrimp were good, but we opted out the spicy spices. I'm sure it'll be better with it. The rice at the bottom were a bit hard and tastless (again could be different if we would have it prepared the way it should be). The wait staffs and the hostess were very good. We really enjoyed our night. The only problem was the parking. My husband has to park a street next to Como's after 20 mins of looking for a parking spot. Definitely suggest to drop off partial of your party to get the name into the waiting list for a table. This for sure is a place for friends gathering. Not so much a romantic place for couples because it's kind of small and loud, just like a bar restaurant.

• Visited February 2013