“Good Addition to Downtown Ferndale”
Review of One-Eyed Betty's

One-Eyed Betty's
Ranked #1 of 95 Restaurants in Ferndale
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Breakfast, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Michigan
“Good Addition to Downtown Ferndale”
Reviewed March 10, 2012

Overall I really like One Eyed Betty's. I think Ferndale has needed a good place that had a wide variety of beers, and this is great. There Draft selection is very good and always changing, which is great, but i think a "daily" or "weekly" draft list would work better then the "out of this, replaced with this" list that is on the chalkboard above the bar. I also think that their prices need to come down a bit.... I mean $9 for a Weihenstephaner Hefeweizen seems a little steep, and the one thing that got me was that the first couple times I went here, their "6 sampler" was $10.... then when I visited the other day, I got sticker shock to see that the price jumped up to $14!! That is just crazy.
As for the food. I have had the gumbo, which is really good, but they could do away with the "eckrich" sausage in there (at least it seemed like eckrich), but over all the gumbo was realy good. I have also had the panzanella salad, which was fantastic. You don't see panzanella salad too often, and I think its a good item. I have tried the pretzels, which are really good with their 3 dipping sauces (cheese, mustard, garlic spread).
I do have to admit though, that it would be nice if they had a few more "normal" sandwiches and entrees, along with a burger that does not come with bacon and is not $10.
Overall I really do like the place, and the concept. It seems to have filled a void, here in Ferndale, but I do think they need to make a few changes to the menu, and pricing.

Visited February 2012