“Great Italian food”
Review of Pop's for Italian

Pop's for Italian
Ranked #7 of 114 Restaurants in Ferndale
Reviewed August 7, 2018

We (wife and I) were taking my daughter, and mom out for dinner and my daughter suggested Pop's in Ferndale. We parked in the large city surface lot behind the restaurant and found a spot really close to the back entrance. As we approached the back door we noticed that they have one of those dog houses that you can put your dog in while you eat. It was air conditioned too, not sure what the fee was to use it, but a really nice touch if your a dog owner.

It is a pretty large place, not fancy, but a nice family style ambiance. I could tell by the aroma it was going to a good Italian meal.

I can't recall what everyone ordered, but we got quite a bit of food for us. We started with a Garlic Loaf, and Margherita Pizza. I must say the Pizza was awesome. love neapolitan pizza, great thin crust and very tasty. I had Nona Bolgnese, and loved the homemade pappardelle pasta. my wife ordered the chicken Parm and loved it too.

I can stay we left happy and full and food to have to lunch the next day. I thought for all of the food and drink that we had the bill was very reasonable. I would absolutely recommend it and go back again.

Reviewed August 5, 2018 via mobile

Food was awesome. Service was awesome. First time there. So I will be headed back. Great atmosphere.

Reviewed July 18, 2018 via mobile

Bouvier yet approachable. Takes high dining to a walk in and sit down level with amazing sauces and flavours. Neapolitan pizza with thin crust and slices of tomato.,6 types of red and 6 white pizzas

Reviewed June 13, 2018 via mobile

I was in from Upstate NY visiting a friend that said we had to go here for dinner, she was absolutely correct! We came a little early to beat the crowd and got seated outside right away. Heather, our waitress was prompt and courteous. Got us water right away as well as some appetizers going and drinks. We chose the bacon wrapped, gorgonzola stuffed dates, meatballs & sausages. After those appetizers, I only had room for an amazing chopped salad with mozzarella. Everything was delicious! Heather was fantastic! We will definitely be coming back, I seriously wanna try the wood fired pizzas!

1  Thank Arthur H
Reviewed May 13, 2018

Other than being told it would be 1 1/2 hours (and turned out to be 2 1/2 hours) I was not impressed with Pop's in Ferndale. Average meal, having to purchase your bread, and a noise level fitting of a bus depot, I see no reason for a return visit.