“Great hotel!”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Fenton
Parksville, Canada
“Great hotel!”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

This was a great hotel. The only issue we had was regarding rates at check-in, as our kids were recorded as adults on booking, and the clerk was unable to resolve at that time. This was resolved the following morning, however, so no harm done.
Everything else about this hotel was great! Excellent location near shopping and just of the freeway, easily accessible rooms and a nice little pool. Exercise room was small and visible from the hall, but the breakfast was very good and we had no complaints about noise or other disturbances. We would love to stay here again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Georgia
Reviewed August 14, 2013

My kids and I stayed here on our way south. The front desk clerk was efficient and polite. The pool was clean and updated. The rooms were clean and had a microwave and small refrigerator. Overall, very comfortable and good value. A bonus, there is a steakhouse just next door so it's easy to get a bite to eat after a long day on the road. We will definitely add this to the list of places to stop next year!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I made this reservation from the road needing a place to stay after a day on the road. The clerk was friendly and professional as we made the reservation. When I arrived everything was ready for me to check in and the process went quickly. The property and room was well maintained. The Air Conditioner was a little loud but worked very well. The room was laid out with enough outlets for today's excessive amount of electronics needing charging. The internet was a little slow and spotty, but I carry my own for such occasions. I think if the hotel hadn't been full, the internet would have worked better. There is an excellent Steak House next door with a variety of meals available and more in the immediate area. The breakfast is the usual fare with the addition of pancakes instead of waffles. A much better idea, in my opinion. The staff from arrival to breakfast, to departure were nothing but polite and friendly. I would not hesitate to return.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed April 6, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel, and we especially enjoyed the cinnamon rolls on the breakfast bar! We were quite disappointed that the pool closed at 9 p.m., as some of the family members were looking forward to swimming. Other than that we had no problems.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Michigan
Reviewed January 28, 2013

This is an older property that is simply lacking in basic character and warmth. While the room held the usual furnishings (king bed, desk and chair, arm chair and ottoman, armoire for TV, fridge & microwave), overall it was nothing special. The blue jean-clad woman at the front desk was friendly and welcoming, and although she acknowledged my Platinum status, there was no offer of an upgrade or even so much as a bottled water.

The Internet connection here is by far the worst I've ever encountered. Connection was in and out (usually out).

I didn't notice the noise that other guests have complained about, but then again, my room was at the far end of the hotel on the first floor. The indoor pool is indeed quite small. A bigger concern for me was that the door to the room had the old fashioned chain/slide lock and dead bolt.

Housekeeping could do a better job. Mirror over sink was smeared and needed some attention. Toilet paper on the roll was nearly gone, but the end was folded into a neat "V". (Is that a positive?) There were only about 7 tissues left in the box.

The breakfast was the usual HIE fare, but was hot and plentiful. The attendant was very pleasant, helpful and eager to please.

About 3 or 4 inches of snow had fallen overnight the night of my stay and at 10:00 the following morning the sidewalks had only been "shoveled" exactly one shovel width, and there was still slush where the shovel had glided over the top. Totally unsafe and unacceptable. Getting in and out from the far end of the hotel (where my room was located) from the parking area was cumbersome. I ended up pulling my vehicle around to the door in order to load my luggage.

While the location of the hotel is convenient, approximately one mile from a major expressway with numerous restaurants close by, I will not likely stay here again. This place needs some serious TLC, a facelift and an overhaul on the policies and procedures.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Dear Kate A,

Thank you for taking time to post a review of our property. It is our goal to consistently ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to provide comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations to all of our guests. It is regrettable you did not enjoy your stay with us and truly disappointing we fell short of your expectations.

While we understand that your stay was less than satisfactory, we thank you for sharing your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. I hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed January 24, 2013

My family of four recently stayed at this hotel, and we were very disappointed with the staff at the HIE Fenton.The only good thing about our stay was the comfortable bed. The breakfast left much to be desired--the "egg surprise" was not good, and I waited 45 minutes for pancakes and finally gave up. The wait for coffee was also 45 minutes. The pool is basically the size of a large hot tub. I agree with the other comments about the noise-- you can hear everything going on around you and above you. Overall, it was the staff that was the biggest disappointment.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank KCTraveller79
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear KCTraveller79,

Thank you for your candid review of our property. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. We are sorry for not living up to your expectations and for not creating a memorable stay for you. We appreciate your feedback regarding the staff and the breakfast. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Ontario
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my two dogs for an agility show I was at - the staff was super friendly, very accommodating and the room was very comfortable & clean.

Breakfast was included but mostly it is products containing wheat, and some "egg" like product - not many options if you are gluten free or have an allergy.

Located right beside a great steak house - super convenient, we will be back!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fenton
Fairfield Inn & Suites Flint Fenton
Comfort Inn Grand Blanc
Comfort Inn Grand Blanc
#1 of 4 in Grand Blanc
Hampton Inn and Suites Flint / Grand Blanc
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Blanc
Wingate By Wyndham Flint / Grand Blanc
BEST WESTERN Flint Airport Inn & Suites

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!