“stay here”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Fenton
Connecticut
“stay here”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2008

Fenton is my hometown, and this particular hotel didn’t exist when I was growing up, nor did the expansive commercial stretch known as Silver Lake Parkway. So a Holiday Inn Express was a little hard for me to digest, and I wasn’t sure what to expect when I went home for Christmas stayed here. But the few positive reviews I read before booking a room were right: This is a great hotel.

Rooms are clean, the pool and hot tub are nice and the exercise room was a nice antidote to my holiday binging. There’s a coin laundry on site, as well as a top-notch breakfast. But for me, the greatest plus is that the hotel is pet-friendly, as I was traveling with my smallish dog. I hadn’t booked a pet-friendly room, but the woman at the front desk said that even though one wasn’t available, I could bring my 4-legged friend as long as I abided by the pet policy. She was very friendly, as were the entire staff. After 12 hours of driving, it was a real pleasure to arrive at a hotel that goes out of its way to accommodate weary travelers.

The hotel is right off the highway and everything you need is within walking distance: there’s a steakhouse next door, a grocery store across the street (VGs, a Fenton original), an Applebees, Panera Bread, Wal-Mart, gas stations, etc. … all close by.

No complaints.

• Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
McDonough, GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2007

This hotel was conveniently located, well-kept and the staff was nice to a person. I had to ship packages ahead of me, which they accommodated. Facility is well-maintained and it has ample parking. It made for a perfect business trip. There are quite a few businesses nearby, including TJ Applebee's, Home Depot and WalMart. Highly recommended!

• Liked — Room was clean and had internet access.
  • Disliked — Too far from Detroit, should I need to do business there.
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Northwest Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2007

Booked the hotel room for the February 9th weekend online. Check in was fast and easy and the front desk staff was very pleasant. The room was very clean and the beds very comfortable. Location was great, plenty of resteraunts to choose from. Would definately recommend and would stay there again!

Stayed February 2007
1 Thank TravelerNorthwestOH
Detroit
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2005

We found this hotel was very clean. It was easy to find. The pool and breakfast area was excellent. The thing that impressed us the most was the staff. They were so welcoming, and thoughtful. We had guest with us from Ohio, and were very proud that the hotel had chosen the best people to represent the kindness of the people of Michigan. I travel with my own pillow. I was in a hurry to get to a meeting and left it behind. Seven hours later, I returned and sure enough they had it behind the counter for me.
I've traveled for business for years and needless to say, I've lost a few expensive pillows. Because of the dishonest staff at some three and four star hotels and resorts. I will always stay at and recomend this hotel. It gets an A++ from me.

• Stayed April 2005, traveled on business
4 Thank juice-girl
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fenton
Fairfield Inn & Suites Flint Fenton
BEST WESTERN Flint Airport Inn & Suites
Quality Inn Durand
Quality Inn Durand
#2 of 2 in Durand

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!