“Vary clean”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Flint Fenton
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Fenton
“Vary clean”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Awesome staff and great breakfast. Just wish they had a hottub .overall best hotel.my kids had fun in the pool .and they kept towels in there .the rooms are amazingly gorgeous. Loved it here.i guess this review has to be 200 characters for some reason .lets see the breakfast was complete with about everything ,the furniture all new and the beds the most comfortable ever. And i believe feather pillows.

• Stayed February 2014
Sarah S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Flint Fenton, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Mickeys30,

Thank you for taking the time to post comments about your recent stay with us! I am glad you had a great experience at our hotel! I hope you will bring your kids again soon to swim! Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you, have a wonderful day!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Gagetown
Reviewed January 15, 2014

I didn't receive paper receipt when I checked in or checked out. I wasn't told the rate I was being charged. We could hear our neighbors both Friday night and Saturday morning. We didn't want to complain on Friday night for fear that the noise would become worse. Didn't say anything Saturday morning either as the employee who checked us out was NOT friendly at all.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Sarah S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Flint Fenton, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Tammie W,
Thank you for your recent review. I apologize you did not have a good experience with our staff. Can you please contact me at 810-629-0400 or email at sarah.sayre@amerilodgegroup.com. I would like to get your last name so I can look into why you did not receive a copy of your bill. I would also like to find out who checked you out so I can follow up properly with my staff. I apologize your experience was not up to our normal standards. I look forward to hearing from you.
Ajax, Canada
Reviewed January 10, 2014

We stayed here for the Detroit Red Wings and Toronto Maple Leafs Winter Classic game at The Big House (Michigan Stadium). It was about 35 minutes away from the stadium, an easy drive straight down the highway. It is about 40 minutes away from the Great Lakes Crossings shopping outlet and about 60 minutes to the Detroit/Windsor Border. In traffic after the game from Ann Arbor, it took us about 3 hours to get to the Border which is not surprising considering there were over 100,000 people at the game and more than half were reportedly from Canada.

Over all nice hotel, big clean lobby with breakfast area, and business centre which we used to print out our parking passes for the game. Breakfast was ample and enough to choose. Room was spacious and most importantly it was CLEAN! WE had a 2 Queen with a Desk and chair. Large Closet. Spacious and clean bathroom. WiFi is available throughout and is fast. Beds are a little soft but didn't bother us. As with most hotels, walls are paper thin and you may want to stay away from the elevators and ice machines if you are a light sleeper. Although it was New Years Eve, after midnight the hotel did a good job of controlling noise and it became very quiet. Lots of parking and the lots are well lit.

I would recommend this for anyone going to games in Auburn Hills or Ann Arbor. Its much more affordable then the hotels that are closer and its only about 30 minutes away from both towns.

Room Tip: High floor away from the main lobby and pool area and away from elevators if you want a quiet room...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Sarah S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Flint Fenton, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Eskay75,
Thank you for your response! I am very pleased you had a wonderful experience while in town for the big hockey game in Ann Arbor! We do have a great location right off of US 23, and is close to many larger cities. Our suites are very spacious and can easily accommodate many travelers; solo business travelers, couples, or families. I hope you will visit us again next time you are in the Fenton Area! Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you!
Presque Isle, Michigan
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Standard Fairfield Inn. The building is newer but already shows some wear. The room was a bit loud, but due to rude quests slamming the doors, The front desk was very helpful, printing off directions to local restaurants and providing information. The pool looked very dirty, but we did not use it. The bed was very good and the linen and towels were above average for a Fairfield. I would go back if ever in the area.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Sarah S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Flint Fenton, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Visitor2929,
Thank you for your recent comments about your experience here at the Fairfield Inn and Suites. I apologize about the noise you encountered while here due to other guests. We do our best to monitor the halls and keep them quiet. We hope to see you again in the near future; hopefully next time you will get a chance to use our pool! Please contact me if you have any further questions, sarah.sayre@amerilodgegroup.com.
Flint, Michigan, United States
Reviewed December 28, 2013

I'm writing about my recent stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites in Fenton MI. We were there on Thursday night 12/26/2013. My family of 4 was forced out of our home for a week due to the ice storm in Genesee County. We stayed at several hotels over that week due to many hotels being booked full. The room was clean, beds were great , hotel seemed clean. We arrived and went straight to the pool. The pool really bad it was dirty, sand in the bottom and a black dirty ring around the whole pool.. The pool chairs were dirty and no towels to sit on or dry off with. Dirty towels all over the place. The pool looked so bad I didn't even let the kids in it. We went back to the room and I sent my son to the front desk for some toilet tissue , they said they would send some up. About a hour and a half later I went to the restroom in the lobby and took a half roll from there. Three hours after I asked for some I finally went down to the front desk and asked for some again , the lady said they went to Walmart to get some and would be back soon. I just went to the dollar store across the street and bought some. I never did hear back from your staff at all about getting some. I took a shower and had my 2 kids take one also , realizing that there was only 3 face towels and three bath towels I knew my husband was coming from work and would need a shower. I walked into the hall and there was a lady pushing a housekeeping cart I told here my husband was coming and would need a face towel and a bath towel she said they were out of towels and she would try to get some and come to my rom in a few. I didn't even bother to wait I just went back to the dollar store and got him a towel. Once again I never did hear from staff about the towel. On the 26th when I called I spoke to a lady at the front desk ,I explained that we have stayed in 5 hotels previous to this stay , we been eating fast food , driving to and from the house checking the pipes , paid to board our dog and have been going to the laundry mat. I told her we used all the money we had left and asked if they serve breakfast. I was down to my last $100.00 and need to be sure if I booked the room my kids would be able to eat. in the morning we arrived to the breakfast area at 8:00 a.m. the breakfast was gone , the lady said they just ran out of food. There was no coffee , no milk , no eggs , no sausage , no fruit.. I went to the front desk and explained that I spoke to a lady to assure that there would be breakfast for my kids and she said there is nothing she can do. I realize this was a bad week for everyone but this stay just added to the stress and was very disappointing. I stayed at several hotels during this week and this was by far the worst of them all I had no issues at any of the other hotels ( besides no rooms) , they had towels, food and toilet paper, their pool was clean and towels were provided at the pool.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Dawn C
Sarah S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Flint Fenton, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Dawn,
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay at the Fairfield Inn and Suites. I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay. I know that the lack of products is unacceptable but do to the holiday week and unanticipated high occupancy, our numerous trips to Walmart for supplies was not enough. I an assure you this is not the norm at the Fairfield Inn and Suites. If you would please contact me directly at Sarah.sayre@amerilodgegroup.com I would like to offer you a complimentary stay at our facility. I can assure you it will be much better. I look forward to hearing from you.
Traverse City, Michigan
Reviewed December 25, 2013 via mobile

Best pull out couch ever. Seriously I've never slept so good in a hotel and It was on a pull out couch and I'm 6'3" the shower head wakes you up! The ONLY thing I wasn't a fan of is the breakfast. You can do a little better than hard boiled eggs! Merry Xmas

Stayed December 2013
Sarah S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Flint Fenton, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Greg,

Thank you for taking the time to write a response about your recent stay with us! I am glad to hear you slept well on our pull out sofa couch, I know they are perceived to be pretty uncomfortable! Normally for breakfast we offer scrambled eggs, sausage, fruit, cereal, bagels, and muffins. I know we were running out of some things this week because of the large unanticipated pick up for the 11 thousand people without power in the surrounding area. We hope to see you again! Thank you for your comments.
home
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Our family stayed in a King Suite which consisted of a separate bedroom with a TV, closet and super clean and comfortable king sized bed. There was a built in cabinet area for a mini-fridge, microwave and coffee maker. The separate living area had a TV, sleeper sofa, lounge chair, coffee table, iHome docking station (not for iPhone 5), desk and chair. Each room had it's own climate control. The very clean bathroom was quite roomy with ample countertop space. Everything was in great condition, clean and comfortable.

HOWEVER, It was very disappointing to find a blood-stained pillow in the bedding bag for the sofa sleeper. We didn't report as there were 5 pillows on the bed. The swimming pool was terrible with black stains all around the pool and even appreared to be on the floor of the pool. The interior edge of the pool was dirty too as well as the patio furniture. Gross! To reach the bathroom from the pool you must pass through the lobby. The floor is highly polished stone - not safe or convenient.

The fitness area looked very nice with modern eqipment with TV monitors attached. From the pool you could watch CNN through the window that separates the two rooms.

The "breakfast lady" was very nice. Smiled greeted us with a" good morning" and kept the area extremely clean and very well-stocked (we ate at 6:45am). They had scrambled eggs, sausage, bagels, cereal, waffle-maker, coffee, yogurt, muffins, fruit and juice, etc.

Only ice on each floor and even though it says "vending", that you have to purchase downstairs in the pantry area.

I didn't use the computer area but I saw others using it in the lobby. Free wifi was great.

They are remodeling but nobody I asked knew what the improvements were.

The woman who checked us in was pleasant however when we left, two women at the front desk didn't even bother to look at us or say a word.

I would stay here again due to the fact the rooms were clean and bed was comfortable and clean!

Sorry I couldn't transfer my pics from iPhone.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Renoir1968
Sarah S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Flint Fenton, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent experience here at the Fairfield Inn and Suites. I sincerely apologize for the cleanliness of the pool during your stay and for the stain found on your pillow. Both of these issues have been addressed with our housekeeping staff to ensure it does not happen again. I am very pleased to hear you had a positive encounter during your arrival and breakfast, we pride ourselves on providing great customer service and are constantly looking for ways to improve. We hope to see you again in the near future!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fenton
Hampton Inn and Suites Flint / Grand Blanc
Comfort Inn Grand Blanc
Comfort Inn Grand Blanc
#1 of 4 in Grand Blanc
BEST WESTERN Flint Airport Inn & Suites
Wingate By Wyndham Flint / Grand Blanc
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Blanc
Courtyard Detroit Brighton

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Flint Fenton? Share your experiences!