Fairfield Inn & Suites Flint Fenton
Hotels.com
$107
TripAdvisor
  • Room Service
All reviewsyogurthome depotfront desklive locallysuite roombuffalo wild wingssmall poolclass reunionreserved roomsenglish muffinsvery nice staythe breakfast areashopping and restaurantsstayed one nightbeds were very comfortableclean hotelwould stay here again
Reviewed December 25, 2012

Spent one night here as a marriott member and loved it. They checked us in on time and the room was fantastic. Clearly a new property. If you are visiting the Flint area, do yourself a favor and stay a little further south at this location.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 23, 2012

What a marvelous hotel. At check-in, we were greated by Faith, very happy and cheerful, explained all the amenities of the hotel. Breakfast is excellent, great selection and as well, friendly staff in the breakfast bar. There was lots of supply, never ran low. The hotel has a nice sized pool, which we used both nights, but the 2nd night we did not stay long, as people with kids thought it was their home pool, with the throwing of diving toys and bumping into us. The one thing missing is Fridge/Micro in all rooms, you have to pay extra for this, approximately 10.00 more per night. Did it affect our stay...No. There are many restaurants in area as well as Walmart, Target and Kmart. We will most certainly be back again as we stay in the area 2 to 3 times a year.

Room Tip: Be sure to visit the local restaurants, lots of great selections.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Trailerman68
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights while shopping in the area. Thought it was closer to Frankenmuth than it actually was. This hotel is not in Flint, but actually a good 15 minutes south of there!! Hence the lower price. Not much around the hotel at all.

The room itself was lovely and new. Booked a king size bed and pull out couch, Had a fridge and mircrowave. There is no privacy/door between the bedroom area and the sitting/pull out couch area.

We were directly across from the elevator and the doors ding quite loudly when they open and could be heard in the room. Also, try to book the top floor (third) as anyone walking above you sounds really really loud. Thought maybe they were square dancing above us....and it was almost 1 am!!

Breakfast was included, muffins, bagels, ( no toast) cereal, oatmeal, yogurt, fruit cups, breakfast sanwiches, waffles, coffee and juice. Decent considering it was included.

Internet was free in the room although quite slow at times. You can also use the internet/computers in the lobby.

Had a small pool but no hot tub.

I would stay there again.

Room Tip: top floor, away from the elevators
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 11, 2012

If you are tired of rundown hotels with battered furniture and ugly floral bedspreads and drapes, or just the typical bland, boring hotel decor, this place is a refreshing change of pace. From the carpets up, this hotel's furnishings are modern, colorful and tasteful. Everything was very new and clean-feeling. The bed was comfortable and triple-sheeted. The hotel is three stories tall, and although it seemed very full when we stayed there, and there was someone staying in the room next door to us, we were not disturbed by any noise. Water pressure in the shower was good, and the reading lights with dimmer switch over the bed were a nice touch. I liked being able to open the windows and get fresh air. The air conditioners worked well and weren't too noisy; they were controlled by a wall thermostat. The drapes did a great job of blocking the light in the morning.

We stayed in a one-bedroom king suite, which has a bedroom separate from a living room with sofabed, TV, refrigerator, microwave and desk. In other words, it's two separate rooms separated by a door. This suited our needs, as we were traveling with children, but the suite was a bit smaller than I expected from the photos on the hotel website (the wall in the living room kind of curves, which reduces the available space), and the bathroom is only accessible through the bedroom, so when the kids needed to use the bathroom in the night, they had to come through our room. The hotel does offer adjoining/connecting rooms, so I think if we stay here in the future we will go that route and just get two rooms, as it would give us more room plus two bathrooms.

As far as amenities go, the hotel has an indoor pool, but it does not have a hot tub. The pool is very small. The breakfast is decent for a hotel of this class; it offers waffles, microwave breakfast sandwiches, cereals, bagels, muffins, yogurt, apples, bananas, fruit cocktail, juice, coffee, tea, milk, and hot chocolate. There is an outdoor patio that nobody was using, but would be a nice place to sit and have breakfast. Bathroom toiletries included a couple of basic bars of soap and Pantene shampoo/conditioner. We did forget to bring a tube of toothpaste and the hotel gave us one upon request.

Where this hotel could use some improvement is in the customer service department -- more in terms of the customer service policies than the employees themselves. For instance, the front desk rarely has someone behind the counter. I think the front desk clerks hang out in the back room and watch the front desk on a monitor, because what typically happens is you stand at the counter for several minutes, then someone will come out. I found this kind of odd, and kind of irritating at one point when I stood there for at least five minutes before someone showed up. Also, when I booked my reservation (directly through this hotel, not through Marriott's 800 number) I had asked for a rollaway bed and was told they were "first come, first served." Even though I called again on the day of my arrival, several hours before I checked in, the employee could not/would not check to see if one was available or agree to put one aside for me. At checkin, I had to ask again and was told they were out of rollaways. One other small issue I had: I understand that breakfast hours are set for a reason, but I encountered some difficulty getting waffle batter at 9:25 -- the breakfast ended at 9:30, and the employee working the breakfast area seemed reluctant to make any more batter. She said, "Breakfast ends at 9:30, and I'm out of batter, but I'll make more if you want it. Do you want it? I can make it if you want it." Well, yes I want it, otherwise I wouldn't have asked. She wasn't rude, but the way she handled my request made me feel as though I was bothering her. It wasn't that big a deal, but I'm mentioning my experience for the benefit of future guests at this hotel, as it is probably best to not show up for breakfast in the last 15 minutes.

On a more positive note, on another occasion I needed extra linens, pillows, blankets, etc., for the sofabed in my suite, and the employee at the front desk was very helpful, even offering to help me carry them up to my room. Getting extra towels was also not a problem, and the hotel staff didn't mind when my 9-year-old son spent a half hour surfing the Internet in the "business center." So overall the customer service was good; I just think the policies need a bit of tweaking or clarifying.

The location of the hotel is convenient to the main highways. It's not scenic -- it's in the middle of a parking lot next to a Home Depot -- but it's safe and suburban-feeling. There are plenty of restaurants and stores nearby. We ate at Lucky's steakhouse and enjoyed our meal.

We liked this hotel; our overall experience was positive, and if we're in the area again we will return.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We live locally and decided to spend the night in this hotel when our power went out after a storm. We had a king room suite and it was very clean, new and spacious. The bed was so awesomely comfortable, I am asking for that same type of mattress cover for Christmas because it was a great night sleep! :) The pool is small but okay for our two young kids. The best part of this hotel is how clean and well maintained it is, that is important to feel comfortable and to have a restful sleep. We will definitely stay here again for a fun night away from home! Thank you! :)

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family