“Piano Bar Side or White Tablecloths?”

Fenton Hotel Tavern and Grille
Ranked #9 of 82 Restaurants in Fenton
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This is a Fenton Favorite for me. I love white tablecloths that make me feel like I'm in for a special night. They also have an early bird special. Great Food from a Great Menu. On the other side they have a long bar with a Piano at end and more tables. I personally feel this is the casual and happy go lucky fun side.

1  Thank 2seniors2travel

Reviewed April 22, 2013

After trying restaurants all over the lower state, we now return to the Fenton Hotel for most of our special meals. Wonderful, innovative food. My husband says their prime rib (Fri & Sat) is absolutely one of the best, while I love their seafood. Their seafood bisque the best we've eaten in any restaurant, ever! While their appetizers are a little on the expensive side, the ones we've tried are truly mouthwatering. The Oysters Rockefeller, mmmmm... We've brought many guests, and all have loved their food. This is a very historical building with great charm. Because of the tin ceiling and open design, it can be a bit noisy when busy, which is now most of the time. Prices are reasonable for this quality of restaurant. Reservations are recommended.

3  Thank Cdn_at_heart
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Stopped by as a last minute decision and we were very pleased that we did. My husband had the lobster mac and cheese and we split the New York Strip. Both were excellent! Server was very friendly. We will definately recommend to friends. The only negative point was that it is a little dark inside.

2  Thank Katrina T
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I haven't been to the Fenton Hotel in years as I have moved out of the local area. That being said, I was able to go back to this wonderful landmark.

We arrived early even though we had reservations for a party of six. Our table was ready but we decided to wait for our party at the bar. The bartender was quick and ready to answer our drink questions.

When our party arrived we went to our reserved table in the bar area. Much better than the quieter dinning room in my opinion.

Ordered a good tasting whiskey shrimp appetizer.

I decided to have the hotels Chicken franchisee. Very good! My wife had the pecan whitefish and was very happy with her choice.

We will return to the hotel even though it is a bit far from our home.

2  Thank Teacherdavison
Reviewed February 12, 2013

This is our favorite place to come for our date night and we have never brought the children with us. All the food is terrific our favorite appetizer is the white fish and love the malbec from Argentina. We have always sat on the tavern side and our last visit we sat on the grill side and I must say they're was a lot more lights flickering than on any of our other visits. Spooky! Cannot wait until our next date night.

3  Thank missypjordan