“wonderful time - cannot wait to go back”

and 1 more site!
Kingsley House Bed and Breakfast Inn
Ranked #1 of 8 Fennville B&B and Inns
Powell, Ohio, United States
“wonderful time - cannot wait to go back”
Reviewed March 24, 2012

My husband and I had our first trip to a B &B and we were just delighted with the place. All the details were attended to, and I felt very special. The breakfast was amazing and delightful, and the various treats that were left out were really delightful (including the chocolate bacon and eggs)! Terri and Scott gave great advice on local restaurants and where to go for the sunset. I really loved talking to them and all of the guests. The beds were comfortable as well, even though my hubby and I are on the large side. My only issue was the room was a little warm for me.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Detroit, United States
Reviewed March 24, 2012

My fiance and I celebrated our engagement at the Kingsley house and it was a wonderful place to stay. The food was excellent and the house was very beautiful. I would highly recommend this place to friends and family for a romantic getaway.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Northern Spy suite. It was perfect for the two of us. I would recommend a suite, mo...
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed March 24, 2012

The empite elite suite was way bigger than expected. Double door, private key entry at the back of the house, private patio, jacuzzi, living room area... unlike the rooms upstairs so be sure to do this particular suite! Great story behind the Kingsley House, a lot of history throughout the home, real blueprints and pictures.... in Wine Country with old downtowns surrounding- very peaceful country living!

Room Tip: Empire Elite Suite
Hastings, Michigan
Reviewed March 20, 2012

Strangely, my husband & I both had a sense of foreboding about this weekend. Probably because this was a hastily planned, last minute getaway. However, from the moment we met Terrie at the front door our weekend evolved into one of the most relaxing stays we have experienced in 25 years of marriage! We've stayed at many B&Bs & this is the first time I have felt inclined to write a review. Not only was the Kingsley House beautiful; with attention shown to all the little extras you would expect, but Scott & Terrie created an atmosphere that was warm & welcoming & a bit "fun". We felt completely comfortable having our own mini picnic on the lawn, never felt intrusive/intruded & were encourage to simply "be at home"! They were very helpful with suggestions as well. They are truly "minutes" from Saugatuck & Fennville was a pleasant surprise and in walking distance of shops and a small grocery where people were very friendly. Must Do: Fennville Station - Excellent! We'll be back!!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Golden Delicious which was beautifully decorated and on the second floor where most...
Southfield, Michigan
Reviewed March 18, 2012

Loved our stay @ the Kingsley House! We agree with everything Jo L had to say. Terrie and Scott are wonderful hosts. Awesome breakfasts, great afternoon snacks, and a closet with a fridge stocked with beverages and things you might have forgot. Terrie told us about some area restaurants, we went to Salt of the Earth (yummm). WE had a package that included a dining certificate, cheese and crackers, and wine and chocolates!! I absolutely recommend the Kingsley House. I only wish a Jacuzzi room had been available.
We also just happened to have May weather in March which was a plus!!

Room Tip: Try to get a Jr. Suite or, if you can afford it, a Suite. We had a regular room which was absolutel...
Royal Oak, Michigan
Reviewed March 18, 2012

Just wanted to update my former review. It appears the Kingsley House Bed and Breakfast is under new ownership. Based on that fact, the Kingsley House Bed and Breakfast is worth another look if you are traveling in the area. My displeasure was solely based on our inexcusable treatment by the former owners whose reply to my negative review was a complete lie.

I wish the new owners much success and hope visitors will be treated with more courtesy than offered by the prior propieter.

Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Glen Ellyn, Illinois
Reviewed March 17, 2012

We enjoyed our stay at Kingsley House. We were greeted warmly and made to feel very welcome in this stately house. Terrie gave us a little overview of the history and showed us to our rooms. The owners thought of everything. There were movies to watch, cold water on offer, snacks in the afternoon, breakfast was nicely served and ample. We sat on the veranda enjoying our afternoon coffee or tea and drinking up the warm March weather. We recommend a stay here at the pleasant and well located Kingsley House.

Marcel and Jo

1 Thank Jo L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fennville
Hidden Garden Cottages & Suites
Best Western Plaza Hotel Saugatuck
J. Paules Fenn Inn
J. Paules Fenn Inn
#2 of 8 in Fennville

Been to Kingsley House Bed and Breakfast Inn? Share your experiences!