“get ready to be impressed”

Fenn Valley Vineyards
Ranked #1 of 13 things to do in Fennville
More attraction details
Owner description: Fenn Valley Vineyards is a family owned and operated vineyard and winery complex established in 1973. Our goal then, as it is now, is to produce world-class wines from grapes grown along the shore of Lake Michigan.
Reviewed August 27, 2012

FVV has a great ambiance, helpful and informative staff, and delectable wines covering a broad spectrum of palates

There are newer reviews for Fenn Valley Vineyards

Reviewed August 17, 2012

We went on the $8 per person 2 hour tour and it was fantastic! We ended up buying 4 bottles of wine because we liked them so much! The prices were extremely reasonable. The tour was fun and informative. Everyone that worked there was kind and knowledgeable about their wine! We definitely will be returning!

Reviewed August 10, 2012

The wines here are awesome. They also were one of the only places to offer a free tasting that we visited on our most recent trip. The facilities are some of the best too. Staff isn't as friendly as many of the other wineries but they get the job done just fine. This winery is a must if you are doing winery tours in southwest Michigan.

Reviewed July 12, 2012

Overall, our experience at Fenn Valley Vineyards was great. The owner of the winery was our tour guide and he was very knowledgeable and friendly. I enjoyed hearing the history of the vineyard, which he started with his father. I really enjoyed the Ice Wine 2011. It was sweet and delicious and very reasonably priced. Only $15 a bottle! The owner said that he doesn't always make the Ice Wine, but when he does, he makes a lot of it and sells it inexpensively.

Fenn Valley Vineyards put on a nice tour of the vineyards and the cellars, but I did have a couple of concerns. We spent most of the time touring the vineyard on a wagon, which thankfully had a canopy, because we were there during 100+ degree weather. My complaint is that there were too many people on the wagon and it was quite cramped, especially for how hot it was. I also read that some reviewers got to go inside a cool barrel shaped room in the cellar with barrels of wine, but this was not included in my tour. We only got to see the large steel containers in the cellar while sampling three red wines. I would have liked to see more of the cellar, but they were getting ready for an event and didn't want the tour to get in the way. Understandable, but disappointing.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

I was a bit disappointed with our tour at the Fenn Valley Vineyards. The owner's son-in-law gave us the tour. At the start, he said that because it was so hot outside, we would not be going into the vineyards; only the cellar. We went downstairs and saw all the large steel containers that held the wine, went into another cellar that looked like the shape of a barrel (it was pretty cool) - this is where they housed barrels of wines. I was expecting a tour similiar to the ones I received when I was in Napa Valley, but there is no comparison. Napa has the best wine tours. I expected that we would be served cheese and crackers to go along with our wine, but nothing.

The tour guide talked about how they make wine, etc. and provided a lot of detailed information and gave us about 6 samples of the white wine and 6 samples of the red wine. We stood the entire time and were a bit bored. My family and I were really looking forward to seeing the vineyards and having the outdoors experience, so we were disappointed.

I bought a bottle of Blueberry wine - $10.00. And a bottle of sparking wine - $18.00. We did not get to sample sparking wine during the tour, but afterwards, we headed upstairs to the bar area and were allowed to sample 5 different wines, so I chose to sample the sparking wine. It was pretty good. I also liked the ice wine. If you like the sparkling wine, I recommend you buy a case of it because they do not distribute the sparking wine; it is only sold at their location.

The cost of our tour was $8.00. We were given a small Fenn Valley wine glass that we used during our sampling and were able to take it home as our souvenir.

All in all, I would say that if you've never experienced Napa Valley, then you will like Fenn Valley.