“Great food, attentive staff”
Review of Salt of the Earth

Salt of the Earth
Ranked #2 of 18 Restaurants in Fennville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Salt of the Earth- rustic American eatery and bakery is located in the heart of southwest Michigan farm and orchard country. We cook from scratch to create our entrees, shared plates, wood oven fired pizzas, creative soups, fresh salads, desserts, and artisan breads. Ingredients are locally sourced, and organic whenever possible. Our full service bar proudly serves Michigan craft beers, hard ciders, spirits, and wines alongside other domestic and international products. Our craft cocktail menu features updated classics and creative house specialties. We are also an entertainment destination presenting the finest roots musicians on the scene at our weekly house concerts. We are proud to offer a high quality experience in a relaxed and casual atmosphere and hope to serve you soon. Join us for Sunday Brunch every Sunday May-November. Cheers!
Reviewed November 23, 2012

We have been to Salt of the Earth multiple times and each time have had a great meal. My husband is a meat-eater but I'm a vegan and we both enjoy the food and service equally. My husband usually gets the scallops but last time tried the pork shoulder. He loved it. I ask for the specialty menu and the last time had a lentil cake for my main course. It was great. The staff is so willing to please and take the time to explain each item in the menu and make suggestions. They have modified dishes for me since I am vegan. By the way, the bread is fantastic too. We always take home a loaf!

Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

Went for a snack. Got the pork broth soup - super yum i would toyally get this again $5 and a side if fried brussel sprouts $4- even my husband loves them. I hightly recommend them as a side. They were crispy an flavorful. Got the AuGratin sweet onion starter $9. It came out in a cool small cast iron dish all bubbly and yummie looking, but it was a little runny and wasn't the best. The table next to us got the scallops dinner... Omg it looked soooo yummie, we will try it the next time!!

Reviewed November 9, 2012

The food here was more amazing than we expected to be. From the appetizer to the main course, the melt in your mouth food will bring you to tears. All very fresh and natural. This is a must try place if you are even remotely in the area. My husband and I are craving this like crazy right now. The hanger steak is a must have as are the fried risotto. My husband also greatly enjoyed the selection of beers. Everything was local which I believe mad it all the better.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

This is an excellent destination restuarant, if visiting SW Michigan. We had a wait on our weekend visit, as they don't take reservations, but the food and service were well worth it. The restuarant would be successful in most big cities. A hidden treasure!

Reviewed October 31, 2012

While this restaurant has great reviews it is not perfect. Our experience was this, started with a fifteen minute wait from being seated to taking our drink order. Their drink menu states a pint for their crafted draft beers, but we where served the beer in brandy sniffers, nice touch but there was not more than 10oz in it. After complaining the waitress just agreed and walked away. Second service was appropriate.
Out of three salads all three had sand in the greens. We would have sent them all back, but our waitress was to busy so only one went back.
It's redeeming factor is once served the entries and shared plates (came out on time and hot) they where wonderful and well presented. Try the flash fried brussel sprouts - best ever.