“Pleasantly Surprised”

Radisson Hotel Detroit-Farmington Hills
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Farmington Hills
“Pleasantly Surprised”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I was concerned when I booked this room on hotels.com. But I did not need to be. Great rate, great customer service. The rooms were clean, somewhat on the large side. We were in town for Lego Fest so we really just needed somewhere close to sleep for the night. Our little fish loved the pool although it was smaller than anticipated. All in all I would definitely stay there again and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Dawn M
HotelFH, Manager at Radisson Hotel Detroit-Farmington Hills, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so glad that you chose to stay with us and that you had an enjoyable stay. We look forward to serving your future lodging needs in the Farmington Hills area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Finnish first
Warsaw, Indiana
Reviewed May 7, 2014 via mobile

For those of you who are concerned about staying at non flag hotels you are safe here. The rooms were clean, bed comfortable, and the staff was very friendly. The pool was awesome - warmest pool we have ever experienced. The hot tub was hot - my favorite temp. Downside was getting into the hotel - the road in front of the hotel is continually busy.

• Stayed May 2014
3 Thank MaryandWes
Thank you for the nice review! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you soon!
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed April 12, 2014

I was moved to this hotel because the Crowne plaza in Novi had overbooked me and apparently several other people.
First when I arrived I was annoyed so was careful to be reasonable with the check in staff. I order a taxi for 7-45 , was told took 30 mins to get one , so all fine.
Went to my room , spacious , clean , but had a dark and grubby feel.
Shortly afterwards knock on door and was asked by security to contact reception.
Neither of the phones 182 worked. Rang the hotel on my cell and when it was answered was told to hold. Did it twice until I got to speak to a lady who told me no cab for an hour!
You get the picture.
I asked later at reception why the phones in the room didn't work. Answer ???
You get the picture.
By the way it would be nice if the ceiling tiles in the corridor were put back in place, rusty pipes not pretty.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank Motorsportenthuisias
HotelFH, Manager at Radisson Hotel Detroit-Farmington Hills, responded to this review, April 19, 2014
Please accept our apologies for the unpleasant experience that you had. We can understand how frustrating it is to get to the hotel you were scheduled to stay at only to find out that they were oversold.

In regards to the issues that you had at our hotel, we try very hard to spot and correct every issue that arises. We will be sure to make sure that the phone in your room is fixed. The ceiling tiles that you mentioned, were not in place due to the renovations that are currently underway on our light fixtures. And lastly, although it typically does take about a half hour for a taxi to get to our hotel, there are times when taxis are busies than expected and that is not something that we can predict.

We certainly hope that you will give us another chance the next time that you are in the area so that we can show you how great our hotel is!
Rochester Hills, Michigan
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Very nice updated Hotel. It's clean and convenient as well as the staff is very friendly and helpful.
Enjoyed the pool and pool area very much. Very clean and well maintained! Very close to many shopping areas and restaurants. I will stay here again.

Room Tip: Bed are new and very comfortable.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
HotelFH, Manager at Radisson Hotel Detroit-Farmington Hills, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Thank you for providing us with feedback regarding your stay with us. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and that you will stay with us again! We look forward to having you as our guest the next time that you are in the area.
Novi MI
Reviewed March 25, 2014

We stayed here for the weekend. The hotel is being remodeled and is looking very nice although some areas still need work and that is planned. There were displays showing the planned remodel. The staff here is just awesome. Some of the nicest people I have met and they took care of every need. The pool area was very nice and the heated pool is in fact very nicely heated. The hot tub is very hot as well. I have never stayed at a hotel with the water this warm. Very nice. Breakfast was much better than I thought and was very up scale. We will be back. We had a friend stay here a few weeks ago and he was very happy as well. I did rate kids activities average. We don't have kids so I did not look into this. I saw some kids in the pool area but other than that did not see much for them but then again not sure what else you would see at a hotel in the winter?

Room Tip: Rooms are available with direct pool access. These were very nice
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We are happy to see that we went above and beyond your expectations! We enjoyed having your group at our hotel and we hope to see you all again soon!
Lansing, Michigan
Reviewed March 25, 2014

MAJOR POINT: I fully disagree with the comments made by Nataliia Mldn!!!! I found the SERVICE to be SUPERIOR............ I have stayed at hundred of hotels for over 20 years for my professial job and pleasure........Thsi Hotel was just excellent. I found none of the problems that she stated to be TRUE for me. If she had concerns she should have immediately addressed it with the staff. This staff at all levels made sure that high quality excllence was maintained in ALL AREAS of the hotel. And also made imemdiate corrections if something was pointed out. You cannot beat the quality of service and the rates of thsi hoel in comparison with hotels in the area. The staff even stayed beyond their working hours to make every aspect of our function was met! This was just not my feeling but the comments from others in our group. The location was also excellent right off the major Highway and excellent variety of place to eat........No onein our group of 30......and having about 20 plues hotel rooms for lodging found any problems...perhaps if you stay at a Sheraton or the Ritz it may be a little glamor...but then again you also paid an additional $100 to $200 per night. I do not work for this hotel...but the hotel busted their tail trying to please everyone. I found it AMAZING! Staff showed that they cared about each indiviual perosn who was at the hotel........They sould be commended for thei service, caring, and attitude. WOW! Rarely do i say things like this, but you cannot the PRICE versus QUALITY here! I will be back at this hotel for our groups as well as my indidual stays for work and pelase. Thansk for for a great economical experience and adventure. This was not like the previous owners of this Hotel.!! New OWNERS and attittude of staff......sine the last time I stayed here! AMAZINg and THANKS to ALL of the Hotel Staff!
...

Room Tip: isaw a concern becasue there was no refrig in their room...well it is the responsibility of the trav...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for the feedback from your stay with us. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us so much! We look forward to seeing your group again!
Grand Blanc, Michigan
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Our group stayed at the hotel this pass weekend and had a great time. The service was outstanding and breakfast was great. They were remodeling but that did not get in the way of anything we had planned. We mostly used the pool, which was very clean. We are hoping to use the hotel again for more events in the future.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for the nice comments and for selecting our hotel for your group! We look forward to serving your future lodging needs in the Farmington Hills area.