“Great Place to Stay”

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Farmington Hills
Sheffield Lake, Ohio
“Great Place to Stay”
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Farmington Hills Hotel is an excellent place to stay, rooms are comfortable, quiet and clean. I traveled from out of state not knowing the area and was quiet impressed.

The staff was very friendly, a woman that worked the buffet in the morning Nancy and also worked in the lounge on Monday night was extremely helpful giving me directions to certain areas and conversation.

Great job Nancy I did not get lost, and enjoyed talking with you. Good luck in the future.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
HotelFH, Manager at Radisson Hotel Detroit-Farmington Hills, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Thank you for the nice review about the hotel and about our staff member, Nancy. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Finnish first
Flint, mi
Reviewed January 25, 2014

My wife and I stayed here and enjoyed our experience. We had one of the first floor rooms with the two person jetted-tub. The tub worked well and was very relaxing. The bed was comfortable, the Tv worked fine. The counterspace in the bathroom and the extra, second lav sink in the bedroom area was more than adequate. Once this place is brought up to standard, it will be almost perfect.

What's wrong now? you may ask... I'll tell you.

The parking lot is in bad shape. Part of the problem was the terrible snowy weather. There were lots of potholes and puddles to step in if you didn't watch where you were going.

The ceiling tiles and support track in the bathroom don't look good. These don't affect the comfort of the room, they just aren't something you want to see in a three star hotel.

The swimming pool area was very dimly lit and didn't look inviting at all.

The check-in desk is not ADA friendly (there is no counterspace at the check-in desk that meets the ADA requirements in the building code). The countertop at the check-in desk is probably 54" high. Short people will feel uncomfortable here.

In the lobby, there were some architectural renderings of what the lobby and exterior will look like after the remodel project, however this is a "lipstick on a pig" approach to what really needs to be done.

The location of this hotel is very good except the access drive is very hard to get into and out of during peak rush hour times. Twelve Mile road traffic gets blocked at the Orchard Lake traffic light. Once you get past the localized traffic issues, this location is excellent for access to the expressways, local restaurants, shopping, and attractions.

The staff at the front desk are friendly and do a very good job of keeping guests happy.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a jetted-tub. The first floor rooms on the parking lot side are not too noisy.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
HotelFH, Manager at Radisson Hotel Detroit-Farmington Hills, responded to this review, February 1, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a very thorough and honest review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay overall and we really do believe that the renovations we have scheduled will make our hotel even more enjoyable. Our new carpet will be installed very soon and we welcome you to visit us to provide your feedback on it.
Reviewed January 24, 2014 via mobile

My friend and I had another great stay at Hotel Farmington Hills! It really is in the perfect area for everything we do while visiting! And she raved about the PM bathroom products! Staff was warm and friendly, as always! Plan on using this hotel again as a getaway place!

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for the great review! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay. We agree that our Paul Mitchell shampoo and conditioners are just one of the many great amenities we offer at our hotel.

We look forward to seeing you again!
Titusville, Florida
Reviewed January 16, 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at this hotel while visiting family. The staff was very pleasant and helpful, bed was acceptable but the house keeping staff seemed to have missed the class on how to clean a room. The furniture was covered in dust, the bathroom floorboards were dirty as was the wall under the bathroom mirror. Part way into our visit we thought we would use the hot tub, I was encouraged by the heavy chlorine smell in the pool area but was grossed out by what appeared to be blood spots on the deck near the hot tub. On our last night at the hotel I noticed something under the TV stand and discovered that it was an old fast food container with molded food bits in it. Also on the last night someone's car alarm went off for almost 4 hours. The location was great and the price was good but the fact that I did most of the room cleaning myself I don't think I will be staying here again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank nannymonster
HotelFH, Manager at Radisson Hotel Detroit-Farmington Hills, responded to this review, January 19, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel and for bringing those items to our attention. I am so sorry about the items that you experienced and I would love the opportunity to make it right. Please contact the hotel at 248-553-0000 and ask to speak to the manager on duty. Please be assured that this is not a typical experience at our hotel and we will make sure it doesn't happen again.
Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for the winter classic. It was affordable and very comfortable! The pool was a lovely temperature and staff were very kind and friendly. Breakfast ended a little too early but that was ok. There was a heating issue with some rooms and they were walking customers over to the comfort inn, we were given a king room instead of two queens which was fine

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
HotelFH, Manager at Radisson Hotel Detroit-Farmington Hills, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Thank you for the nice review and we are so glad that you enjoyed your stay! We apologize for those that were displaced but everything has been rectified and all is back to normal. We look forward to having you as our guest in the future!
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed December 27, 2013

The hotel is a bit worn down, but it seemed nice enough. There was a stand next to the reservation desk implying that the carpeting would be replaced soon. I assumed that would also include the missing door knobs on some rooms and the removable peephole on our room.
When I discovered the first bedbug crawling next to my infant son as we were lounging on the bed, I quickly called the service desk, expecting that they would be appalled and would do all they could to assure this wouldn't happen again. To my surprise, no one answered the phone after more than 2 minutes of calling. I scooped up my infant and waited for five minutes after telling the front desk of the problem before they simply me gave me new room keys. No apology, no concern, no offer of anything for my trouble. We did not stay in the next room they gave us long enough to find if there were bed bugs; there was hair on the sheets, dust bunnies next to the bed and trash behind the bed. Upon checking out, I again mentioned the bed bugs. Still no surprise or apology from the staff. Stay away!

Room Tip: Check for bed bugs
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank TiWiSc
HotelFH, Manager at Radisson Hotel Detroit-Farmington Hills, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Please allow me to apologize for the unusual experience that you had at our hotel. We utilize an outside pest control company who performs preventative services on a regular basis and we have not had any issues with bed bugs. We also typically get rave reviews on our staff and their responsiveness to any and all guest issues. I urge you to contact us directly at the hotel at 248-553-0000 and ask for the manager on duty so we can research and resolve the issues that you mentioned. We look forward to hearing from you.

Travelers are raving about these Farmington Hills hotels

Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed November 21, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying the past 3 weeks at the property. Although outdated (but don't fret signs of the upcoming renovation in two months are EXCITING and beautiful), the staff is great, the breakfast was wonderful, a WHIRLPOOL in every room was a pleasant surprise, being pet-friendly was a bonus, but being right on the highway just 5 minutes to work was simply the best. HIghly recommendable!

Room Tip: There are suites (designed just like the Embassy Suites layouts) that many don't know about - bu...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
HotelFH, Manager at Radisson Hotel Detroit-Farmington Hills, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Thank you so much for the rave review! We are glad that you had an enjoyable experience and we look forward to serving your future lodging needs!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Farmington Hills
Fairfield Inn & Suites Detroit Farmington Hills
Fairfield Inn & Suites Detroit F...
#1 of 12 in Farmington Hills
Extended Stay America - Detroit - Farmington Hills
Extended Stay America - Detroit ...
#9 of 12 in Farmington Hills
Holiday Inn Farmington Hills/Novi
Holiday Inn Farmington Hills/Nov...
#5 of 12 in Farmington Hills
Comfort Inn Farmington Hills
Comfort Inn Farmington Hills
#7 of 12 in Farmington Hills
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Detroit Farmington Hills
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Detro...
#2 of 12 in Farmington Hills
Hampton Inn Southfield / West Bloomfield

Been to Radisson Hotel Detroit-Farmington Hills? Share your experiences!