Extended Stay America - Detroit - Farmington Hills
Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Farmington Hills
Reviewed April 19, 2012

I first stayed here March of 2011 and found exactly what I needed.Reasonably priced, Simple, clean (and I'm a clean freak!), quiet, with the comforts of a kitchenette and excellent location. Above all, the manager and her staff, where friendly, made me feel safe and comfortable and provided excellent customer service! If I had a concern or discomfort, it was addressed . I was so happy with my stay that I have been staying at Extended Stay all over the U.S. ( I am a student that was travelling to different cities for my studies and needed a quiet place to reside for short periods). I was happy to come back this year and enjoy the same comfort and convenience!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Jenn S
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Farmington Hills, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2012

It was very kind of you to publish such a nice review of your stay at our Extended Stay America – Farmington Hills. It’s always great to read positive feedback from our valued guests. Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest.

Reviewed April 14, 2012

This is a non-smoking hotel and the first room I was given had a very heavy tobacco odor. I requested a different room. The second room smelled better and so I deposited my belongings and left for the remainder of the afternoon/evening for a previously scheduled meeting. I arrived back to my room fairly late (11:30ish) and it was only then that I realized that the room was not very clean. The surfaces in the kitchenette were greasy/grimy. There was a large thick dark streak on the box spring mattress. Worst of all, the inside swing lock was completely missing from the room door. Being that it was so late and that I was previously told that staff would not be at the front desk past 11 pm, I decided to make the best of it. I basically barricaded myself inside the room by moving a table and chair in front of the door and piled my luggage on top of the table. I used paper towels and tissues to touch things like the faucet knobs, fridge handle, and microwave buttons. Upon checking out I informed the front desk attendant of my concern about the missing lock. I was told that the hotel was set to be renovated and that the removal of the locks had begun on some of the rooms. Additionally, I was told that the hotel manager felt the locks were being removed to allow access into the rooms in case anything were to happen to a tenant inside. I replied that I felt that was a lame reason and completely unacceptable.
Oh, and I used an ESA coupon code when making my reservation online. While I have email confirmation of the code being accepted, my receipt AND my credit card statement both reflect that the discount was never applied.
Needless to say my stay was less than satisfactory. I will be disputing the charge to my American Express card if I do not get a resolution from ESA.

Room Tip: Some rooms are set aside for travelers with pets - be aware of this if you have allergies.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank kpbry
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Farmington Hills, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America Detroit - Farmington Hills. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

Please know that we have strict quality control standards that are meant to prevent an unacceptable situation like yours from occurring. All rooms are regularly cleaned and disinfected upon a guest's checkout as well as during applicable periods of the stay, then inspected by a manager who determines if it meets our quality standards. Obviously, your experience indicates that our system broke down. In response, I have met with hotel management and staff to find out why and to determine a system for preventing a repeat occurrence. I also apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with the promotion code. I understand that the issue has since been addressed and resolved.

Reviewed April 3, 2012

I have been staying on and off at the Extended Stay Hotel in the town of Farmington Hills Michigan for the past three years for business stays. It is nothing fancy, but if you want a reasonably priced stay that can deliver a quiet, comfortable, and clean stay that you can count on stay after stay, it is hard to beat this reliable location.

The fundamentals are there, but it is the genuine care that the front desk crew offers that make the stay so enjoyable.

I am a finicky traveler, but this location is the only place I bother to stay at when I am traveling in the Detroit area on business.

John K

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank john k
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Farmington Hills, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2012

Dear John,

I wanted to personally thank you for taking time out to write such great things about your experience at our Extended Stay America Detroit – Farmington Hills. We always like to hear that we are delivering on our commitment of clean rooms and guest satisfaction. We’d love to see you here again soon. Don’t hesitate to call on me for future stays here or any other Extended Stay Hotels location.

Reviewed March 23, 2012

Extended Stay America Detroit / Farmington Hills in Farmington Hills, MI an excellent facility, and its staff demonstrate excellent customer service and professionalism. The staff's concern, customer care, and expertise gives its' guest peace of mind, a safe environment, and an opportunity to enjoy a wholesome experience. The hotel manager, as well as, other staff members are very knowledgeable about the area, and provide its guest with helpful suggestions regarding dining and entertainment. I recommend the Extended Stay America Detroit / Farmington Hills in Farmington Hills, MI to others, and I plan to visit other Extended Stay Hotels in my future travels. Thumbs up!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank ShiningandStar
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Farmington Hills, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to publish such a complimentary review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Detroit – Farmington Hills. It’s always so great to read such positive feedback from our valued guests like yourself. We strive to provide a “home away from home” experience for all of our guests and it sounds like we were able to do just that for you. We are truly honored by your recognition. Once again, I and the entire staff thank you and hope to see you here again soon.

Reviewed March 23, 2012

I never expected that my stay would be "extended", but my dog and I have been guests for many months. ESA is a wonderful place to reside and a great way to save $ for your next endeavor....room w/ kitchenette, utilities, cable, WiFi and local phone is included. Leading the topnotch staff is the manager, Cindy Caldwell. Cindy is always courteous, professional and takes the time to address your questions/concerns. The hotel is also centrally located. I would highly recommend ESA-Farmington Hills.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a flat screen television (some have them and some don't)
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank susanwest1023
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Farmington Hills, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2012

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Detroit - Farmington Hills. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Reviewed March 19, 2012

I came to the Extended Stay in Farmingtont Hills in June of 2011 basically starting my life over. Never did I expect to still be here almost a year later but I must acknowledge the reasons I am still here. The staff here is very professional starting from the desk clerks all the way to the housekeeping staff.The property is very clean and safe and runs like a "well oiled machine." I beleieve much of the credit is due to the Manager Cindy Cadwell. Not only does she put her guests and job first, she treats us all like family and goes above and beyond what Im sure her daily duties entail. I think she leads by example and that is a huge reason why the rest of her staff is helpfull and makes me feel as though thus is home.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Jason B
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Farmington Hills, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2012

Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Detroit - Farmington Hills. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority.

Reviewed March 13, 2012

I first have to say I ended up staying at the Extended Stay in Farmington Hills after relocating back to Michigan and did not know if I was staying long term. That was three years ago and I am still here for many reasons, but one of the most important is the unbelievable staff and specifically the general manager Cindy, who I honestly feel like is a part of my family now. I have always felt at home here, the rooms are extremely clean and the amenities like the free-WI fi, and Dish network TV have made my stay such a joy. I can't recommend this hotel enough, whether it is for one night on a business trip, a family vacation, or for the long term. The value is tremendous for your dollar and you will feel like you are at home the second you walk in the door.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Danny L
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Farmington Hills, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2012

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Detroit - Farmington Hills. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Farmington Hills
Radisson Hotel Detroit-Farmington Hills
Radisson Hotel Detroit-Farmingto...
#4 of 13 in Farmington Hills
Comfort Inn Farmington Hills
Comfort Inn Farmington Hills
#7 of 13 in Farmington Hills
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Detroit Farmington Hills
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Detro...
#2 of 13 in Farmington Hills
Red Roof Inn Farmington Hills
Red Roof Inn Farmington Hills
#8 of 13 in Farmington Hills
0 mi away
Fairfield Inn & Suites Detroit Farmington Hills
Fairfield Inn & Suites Detroit F...
#1 of 13 in Farmington Hills
Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - I-696

Been to Extended Stay America - Detroit - Farmington Hills? Share your experiences!