“Great place in great location”

Extended Stay America - Detroit - Farmington Hills
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Farmington Hills
Beersheba, Israel
“Great place in great location”
Reviewed February 16, 2012

Hello you all :)
i spent 10 days (last month and 10 days last year on same month), we are 2 people that came for some business in town and looked for nice and quite place,good internet (include in the price) and kitchen too.
our room was very clean! you have only one day of cleaning in a week but if you want to change sheets or change towels you can do it by yourself and it is acceptable..
the service was not less than great!!
they made some mistake and charge my credit card 3 times(7 days, 1 day and another 2 days) instead of one time, i went down and explain then that every charge is more fees for me as i am non US citizen so they immediately admit the mistake and charged my at the end for 9 days instead of 10.
im traveling to Detroit every year and i will go back there as the price is reasonable, and i got all i need for my stay

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Avi A
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Farmington Hills, responded to this review, February 24, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Detroit - Farmington Hills. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.

Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your kind words.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Sugar Land, Texas
Reviewed January 11, 2012

Bad experience from the point of check-in. The clerk placed priority on completing the "night audit report" rather than checking me in. When I got to the room, it immediately gave the impression of being "well worn" and in need of a make over. Old pillows, old bedspread.

Room did not have a hair dryer or shampoo. Went to front desk and the clerk stated that the rooms do not have a hair dryer, but gave me one from under the counter and I had to sign for it--seems very strange. She looked for some shampoo bottles but was not able to locate any--again, very disappointing. I have never stayed at a place with no shampoo.

Next morning, ran out of hot water in the shower. I complained on the way to my meeting and the clerk stated that it must be due to eveyone taking a shower at the same time. Duh, doesn't this happen at every hotel, every day?
Again, check on getting shampoo the next day and the clerk said that there was some available in the vending machine for $2. I asked if she could get some, and she said I would have to pay--clearly, this place is mis-managed and does not deserve to be in business. The most customer unfriendly hotel I have ever stayed in--my advice, stay away.

Room Tip: Choose another alternative in the area
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank David B

Travelers are raving about these Farmington Hills hotels

Commerce Township, Michigan
Reviewed September 25, 2010

Our room was very clean. The bed was really comfortable. It was nice to be able to make coffee and toast and have a refrigerator to keep milk&butter in. The TV had a good screen, very easy to see. We were not too far from our childrens homes. We were close to many restaurants. We enjoyed our stay very much.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed July 27, 2009

The hotel itself was as expected for a 2* property - a bit worn, not fancy. It was, however, clean and perfect for business travel. The "kitchen area" was smaller than most Extended Stay hotels, but adequate.

The desk staff, on the other hand, was rude, unhelpful and lazy.

I was attempting to use "dial-up" and had several conversations with the young lady at the desk. I continued to have problems and discovered that I couldn't even dial out at all from the room phone. When I reported this, she said "Oh, I suppose I need to turn the phone on." Getting off her rear worked like a charm.

Unfortunately for me, there was a loud wedding party at the hotel for the weekend - kids running up and down the halls, doors slamming, loud conversation in the halls, etc. I ask the guests to please be more considerate but that didn't work. On my 2nd complaint to the desk I was told "Well, ALL we can do is ask them to be quiet." The hotel was clearly not full so I asked if I could move to another room. "The wedding party is all over the hotel....Do you want to check out?"

Luckily for me, I hadn't extended my stay for a 2nd night through Priceline yet and was able to go on line to bid for a 2* in another location - Auburn Hills. I was met there with an incredibly courteous staff, a bit nicer accommodations and a good night's sleep.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business