Fairfield Inn & Suites Detroit Farmington Hills
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Farmington Hills
Chicago, Illinois
“It's a roof.”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I come to Farmington about once a month, I usually stay at the Courtyard hotel across orchard rd., but it was booked. The staff was nice, free dinner and breakfast, free wifi. When I got to my room and the window sounded like it was opened, but it wasn't, I thought this is going to be hard to sleep with, but ill suck it up. Then I found a dead cockroach next to the bed when I reached for my fallen charger, I touched it! They switched my room, the new room had the same issue with the window, it's very loud. Also the cable in my room wouldn't work, I tried pushing all the buttons on the control and nothing. Izak, the guy at the front desk, was extremely apologetic and helpful in both situations, he did fix the TV.. However, I'm sorry, I will not be returning to this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank 584AndreaG584

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Farmington Hills, Michigan
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I am spending 7 days at the Fairfield Inn in Farmington Hills and I must say that I am very satisfied with everything they have to offer. While living in New Jersey, I spent six months at the Fairfield Inn in Edison. Everything was great there which is why I decided to stay at the Fairfield Inn in Farmington Michigan. Much to my surprise, here they serve hot breakfast and evening meals. I was shocked and pleased. Julian one of the employees continues to show me professionalism responding to my requests. He is always smiling and asking if everything is alright. I like that type of personal touch. It makes me feel like I am appreciated as a customer.

Keep up the good work Fairfield Inn staff in Farmington Hills. Great job!

Robert Scott

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I stayed at the property on 3/22. The property was clean and the internet was free as was the yummy breakfast served in the morning. Also, in a time where many companies no longer see excellent customer service as a necessity, the staff went out of their way to make my stay comfortable. Special thanks to Izak for providing such excellent customer service.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I had a great time staying at this hotel. Izak made me feel welcome and as a gold member I really appreciated it. Breakfast was excellent, my only advice is to get down there early because it gets packed. The pool was clean and very warm, so the kids will love it. The hotel staff is on top of everything from making sure you have everything to taking care of noise complaints quickly and discreetly. Jarilynn was great to and provided excellent customer service.. Overall, this was a great stay and I would stay there again. This hotel is definitely a hidden gem in Farmington Hills.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Bloomfield, Connecticut
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I stayed here from mid Feb 2013 - Mar 2013 with my co-workers Doug F. and Erik P. We were all on an assignment for our employer and were spending a lot of time away from our homes and families. The staff made us feel welcome from the start and right at home. Sylvia (ladies first), Julian and Izak are all first class all the way!!!! As stated in Doug's earlier review, they were always to point out a good place to eat or shop. So far they've never led us astray

The premises and the rooms were always clean and welcoming (hats off to housekeeping). The meals that are provided (breakfast daily and dinner Mon - Wed) are a nice perk and they are quick to refill any items that start to run low. They also have a nice fitness center and a pool available if you need to work off some calories, or just burn off some steam. As another added benefit, there are usually fresh cookies at the front desk.

I would definitely recommend this place to anyone who is coming in from out of town and is looking for a nice place to stay. Kudos to the management for putting together such a great team of people..

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Toledo, OH
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I went away with the kids for the first time without mom who had to work. We stayed one night after going to a birthday party in the area. We had an absolute blast. The pool water was very warm and one of the few times I was able to get into the pool and play with the kids without freezing. We were in the pool for probably five hours between two days. Front desk staff were very friendly. Breakfast in the morning had a good selection, better than other Fairfields. This hotel is definitely on the short list of places I'll stay in the future while visiting Michigan.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Tulsa
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I had to come to Farmington Hills for business for several weeks and have been staying here each week. The rooms are always clean and nice. The breakfast is great and has a nice selection of items....eggs, sausage, waffles, cereal, breakfast sandwiches, muffins, bagles, etc. On Monday thru Wednesday they have a dinner buffet that varies from day to day, but it's always been very good. Above all the staff has been great. Isak and Jilian are always very friendly and helpful and go out of their way to make your stay great, and Sylvia is the girl you want to talk to about where to eat. She has directed us to several local establishments and has never steered us wrong. She is always pleasant and will go the extra mile to help you. It's been great and we are on week 5 and have never had the desire to go any place else. I recommend staying here if you need a place in the area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Farmington Hills
Radisson Hotel Detroit-Farmington Hills
Radisson Hotel Detroit-Farmingto...
#3 of 12 in Farmington Hills
Holiday Inn Farmington Hills/Novi
Holiday Inn Farmington Hills/Nov...
#5 of 12 in Farmington Hills
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Detroit Farmington Hills
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Detro...
#2 of 12 in Farmington Hills
Extended Stay America - Detroit - Farmington Hills
Extended Stay America - Detroit ...
#9 of 12 in Farmington Hills
Hampton Inn Southfield / West Bloomfield
Courtyard by Marriott Detroit Farmington
Courtyard by Marriott Detroit Fa...
#10 of 12 in Farmington Hills

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Detroit Farmington Hills? Share your experiences!