All reviews front desk room was clean friendly manner wonderful stay grand river convenient location coney island an older hotel awesome customer service hotel is located per night detroit area sophia earl kevin wilma convention
Selected filters
Reviewed May 7, 2019

Great customer service! Very affordable and conveniently located. Express check in/out process for every stay. Friendly and welcoming staff. Highly recommend if you’re in the Farmington Hills area.

- Tony P.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
Earl W, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Farmington Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

We're glad to hear this, I will share your wonderful comment with our staff. We look forward to seeing you soon

Reviewed May 4, 2019

Sofia, the front desk manager, is the reason we love coming here. She's always friendly, knowledgeable and an excellent example of awesome customer service. Every place has it's pros and cons, but she's the reason we like it here.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

I'm glad to hear this, and will share this with her, We look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed April 12, 2019

I stayed at this Red Roof while in the area for a convention.

The room (126) was generally good and I have no major issues with it. The PTAC (HVAC) unit was exceptionally noisy, though, and the front was coming off. I often smelled cigarette, vape and marijuana smoke in the room (coming from elsewhere; the room didn't smell). The shower was excellent. The bed was comfortable. The TV signal was poor. The phone didn't work at all.

I had no Do Not Disturb sign, so I asked the front desk for no housekeeping services, but when I returned from working, they'd been in the room.

At times I had to park a bit farther from the room than I hoped to.

There were what I would generously call "questionable guests" at the motel while I was there for five days. (The vehicles are a tip.) My biggest issue was with the low-rent people in the room next to mine (they were in 124). They were outside their room at all hours, quite loud, smoked ALL the time and, worst of all, their ill-tempered dog ATTACKED ME on two occasions. The dog didn't break the skin or ruin clothing, but had all its teeth showing and nearly knocked me down. The second time was almost a repeat, but I bolted (dived, practically) into my open room door just in time to avoid it. This was quite traumatic, as you might imagine, and I literally avoided leaving the room many times I wanted to. (Disclaimer: I'm the founder of multiple animal charities, operated a nonprofit veterinary clinic, etc., so I am not anti-animal.) There were other low-caliber people walking pitbulls around.

This is not the sort of experience any guest deserves, Red Roof management. I would appreciate it if you'd help make this right for me. Please contact me and let me know what you can do to help offset the traumatic experiences I had at this Inn.

The people with this dog, and likely other people, were letting their dog(s) poop in the tiny little bit of grass and gravel outside my room, thus making it difficult for me to arrive/leave and carry my luggage at checkout time.

I found it difficult to leave the motel and turn onto the main thoroughfare near it.

I liked that there is a restaurant right across the parking lot. It's in a former Denny's location and serves similar food. I had a decent meal, but the staff is overbearing and I observed them being belligerent with multiple guests (not me), one of whom stormed out and was then talked about loudly and derogatorily by the staff so that the rest of us could hear.

There is an *excellent* Mexican restaurant about two blocks away and the Texas margarita will put you on your butt.

When I checked out, I mentioned the dog-attack incidents to the people at the front desk and they were like, "Oh. Really sorry about that." They did not express an appropriate amount of empathy, nor did they offer a room accommodation. Both of these surprised me. I would have expected to hear from the owner/manager of the inn, Earl Whittington, after reporting this event to the staff, but I did not.

If not for the dog incidents, I'd give this Red Roof Inn a good recommendation. Friendly staff, convenient location, comfortable and clean room.

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business

I'm sorry for the bad experience, I will (Definitely) address this issue....As for the rate, it could and most of the time depends on how the guest actually books the reservation...I do suggest the next time you decide to book, that you contact us directly, and please ask for me...Hope to see you soon

Reviewed March 5, 2019 via mobile

Hotel is clean and a comfy stay. Staff is friendly and very helpful. I am a regular customer and love the front office staff. Beds are comfortable and usually quiet. Easy access to main roads and restaurants.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Earl W, Manager at Red Roof Inn Farmington Hills, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2019

Thank you so much...We are glad to have you as our loyal guest.

Reviewed March 4, 2019

I have stayed at many hotels and this one by far is a favorite when I do stay in the area. The value for the price per-night and the room pricing specials are unbeatable. In addition to pricing value, the guest services staff members Sophia, Earl, Page, and Wilma are friendly, quick to serve and their professionalism is impeccable. The location is a short drive from Twelve Oaks mall, Wal-Mart and other shopping areas. Right next door is a Coney Island style restaurant (L' George's) with a menu variety that should have a something for everyone's taste.

Room tip: Rooms near the L George's restaurant will save you a few steps, however the quality standard will be pretty much the same in all rooms.
Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Earl W, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Farmington Hills, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2019

Thank you so much for you kind words,It's our Pleasure! We look forward to seeing you soon.