“Great affordable spot” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Farmington Hills
Fort Lauderdale
“Great affordable spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

Stayed 2 nights July 2013, executive king room. Updated property, clean and comfortable., I highly recommend the upgraded room. Staff very nice, easy access to highway, nail salon, and amazingly affordable mexican down the road. Will stay at red roof again and again!

• Stayed July 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Should've gone with my instincts. Walked in and the NON-SMOKING ROOM smelled like old smoke. Stayed anyway because it was 2:30am and we were exhausted. Dingy floors kept our feet dirty. Stayed for 4 days total and it's BY FAR the worst RRI I've stayed in (I've stayed at RRI over 10x as an infrequent traveller). Ended this debacle by walking in on the final night around midnight to find that the room was not serviced. No clean towels and no toilet paper. I'm not big on complaining but when the manager calls me (didn't call today) I will. Just so people don't think I'm just an irate yahoo... I'm writing this from ANOTHER RRI in a different state as we continue our journey home. This new one is perfect.

• Stayed July 2013
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

Honestly, this was first time staying at a Red Roof Inn...I was pleasantly surprised. I'm accustomed to staying at four star hotels but was in the Farmington Hills area. However, this hotel was clean and the front desk was extremely polite and knowledgable. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank ChrisW818
Caro, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for a dog show, and it has to be one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in.
The check in staff was RUDE, my room wasn't ready at 1 pm, when check in was 11am
They changed the price of the room, and couldn't give a reason.
When allowed in my room, it was still dirty and the sheets had stains all over.
never emptied my rooms garbage can the 3 days I was there, and when we put bag outside of room the staff knocked on door demanding that we put it back inside.

Would not ever stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Frederick A, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Farmington Hills, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Thank you for being our guest at the Red Roof Inn Farmington Hills and we hope to see you again. I'm sorry that we didn't exceed your expectations, but your feedback will help us to meet your needs next time you visit. I would like to discuss the issues you experienced during your stay in more detail. I will share your feedback to all my team members so that we may resolve these issues for future guests stays. Thank you again

Andrew Starnes
Alpena, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

Have stayed here several times and this stay did nothing to deter us from staying again. I didn't get their names, but to two young ladies at the desk at about 2:30 pm, Saturday, March 30 are the most pleasent people we have met at a Red Roof, (and we stay at many all over the country)
Just a great experience here because of the value and comfort and proximity to everything. Even though we had a weekend planned in Detroit we still wanted to stay here because of past experiences here. We didn't mind the 25 mile or so drive into the city to Belle Isle and Greektown. This is a sure thing if you're ever in the area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest from Up North,
Thank you for your great feedback from your stay. We are glad you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to your return.

Westminster, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

We stayed for 5 nights. Very clean, very friendly and helpful staff. Excellant location close to everything. Only recommendation is that if you want a king size bed, upgrade to the larger room. We had to. For the money, it is the best deal in the Farmington area, I did the leg work. Enjoy!

Room Tip: Sophia's resturant 1 block up 10 mile has the very best italian food I have found in years. Fami...