“Not worth your money”

Red Roof Inn Farmington Hills
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Farmington Hills
Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for a dog show, and it has to be one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in.
The check in staff was RUDE, my room wasn't ready at 1 pm, when check in was 11am
They changed the price of the room, and couldn't give a reason.
When allowed in my room, it was still dirty and the sheets had stains all over.
never emptied my rooms garbage can the 3 days I was there, and when we put bag outside of room the staff knocked on door demanding that we put it back inside.

Would not ever stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank pernema
Frederick A, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Farmington Hills, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2013

Thank you for being our guest at the Red Roof Inn Farmington Hills and we hope to see you again. I'm sorry that we didn't exceed your expectations, but your feedback will help us to meet your needs next time you visit. I would like to discuss the issues you experienced during your stay in more detail. I will share your feedback to all my team members so that we may resolve these issues for future guests stays. Thank you again

Andrew Starnes

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Have stayed here several times and this stay did nothing to deter us from staying again. I didn't get their names, but to two young ladies at the desk at about 2:30 pm, Saturday, March 30 are the most pleasent people we have met at a Red Roof, (and we stay at many all over the country)
Just a great experience here because of the value and comfort and proximity to everything. Even though we had a weekend planned in Detroit we still wanted to stay here because of past experiences here. We didn't mind the 25 mile or so drive into the city to Belle Isle and Greektown. This is a sure thing if you're ever in the area.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest from Up North,
Thank you for your great feedback from your stay. We are glad you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to your return.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

We stayed for 5 nights. Very clean, very friendly and helpful staff. Excellant location close to everything. Only recommendation is that if you want a king size bed, upgrade to the larger room. We had to. For the money, it is the best deal in the Farmington area, I did the leg work. Enjoy!

Room Tip: Sophia's resturant 1 block up 10 mile has the very best italian food I have found in years. Fami...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Frederick A, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Farmington Hills, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Dear DenverDave,

Reviewed January 14, 2013

Great location and great deal for the money. Desk staff are very friendly and accomodating. I would recommend this location over other local motels. Gas stations and restaurants are in close proximity.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Patrick H
Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

I came home for the holidays, and we spent five nights here the week before Christmas. No complaints. The room was affordable, the location has access to major freeways, feels safer then a lot of hotels I've stayed at. Plus El George's is a great place to eat that's a one minute walk from the hotel. I would stay here every time I come into town.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed November 15, 2012

I was terribly disappointed by this RRI in Farmington Hills, MI. This Inn's manager needs to take a serious look at the housekeeping & overall condition of the rooms. There was mold/mildew in the shower as
well as the baseboards in bathroom. For a non smoking room, it reeked of old stale smoke.
The door has major gaps letting cold air in. Hot water in the shower.....the pipes clanged & banged so loudly that we had to shut off the water to stop it. I felt badly for the folks in next rooms since we'd decided to get the heck out at 4 AM after just enough of a nap ( no good night sleep) to feel safe enough to drive back to PA. For charging $78... never again!

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
andrew s, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Farmington Hills, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

Thank you for being our guest. I'm sorry we failed to meet some of your expectations. We have been working on renovation plans for our rooms. We will be sure to investigate the issues you experienced during your stay and remedy them for future guest. We invite you to stay with us again, so we may have an opportunity to provide you with a positive experience.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

I have stayed there around 5 times. A bit noisy on the outside, as it’s just off a highway, but inside I don’t hear much. I always get a good sleep there, and leave with a good feeling. There is always room to park my bus. The only downside would be the safe deposit, where they precharge you for using the safe. You have to tell them the next morning you did not use the safe and they credit you.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business

Dear Busguy2,

Thank you so much for your feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and hope to see you again in the future.

Andrew