“Great Location, Clean Rooms, Nice Staff”

Holiday Inn Farmington Hills/Novi
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Farmington Hills
Memphis, Tennessee
“Great Location, Clean Rooms, Nice Staff”
Reviewed July 15, 2010

I stay at this hotel quite frequently for business trips. The rooms are always very clean and the front desk staff is competent and professional. The hotel is located very close to restaurants and major shopping areas as well as some entertainment venues. The hotel went thru a complete renovation around 2005.

Beds are firm, but not hard, sheets have always been clean for my stays. The hotel offers suite rooms with one room being a "living area" and the other the "sleeping area". Some of the rooms are even larger with dining tables and larger living areas. There is a breakfast bar offered in the mornings, most of the time it is included with the room rate. Also, the bar in the lobby serves dinner and drinks. The food is served in large portions, and I recommend the burger if you don't feel like going out to dinner at night.

I recommend this as a clean, cost efficient and quality hotel in the Detroit area.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank Lexi731_10

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
michigan
Reviewed March 28, 2010

nice hotel the front desk were all on alert, the food was good burger and fries , didn't eat breakfast.... room clean and neat only staff the was unfriendley was housekeeing
bed were soft, would stay again..

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kellie-jo
New Jersey
Reviewed December 2, 2009

I arrived at the Hotel (after driving almost 11 hours from New Jersey) at around 7pm. There was practically no one in the parking lot so I figured the hotel was practically empty.
The person at the front desk put my family in a room practically on the other side of the hotel which took us like 5 to 10 min. to get to the room -We arrived at the room the first thing I noticed was big red stains on one of the bed's bed sheets and comforter I called the front desk and told them. I asked them to send someone to change the bed sheets. I find it absurd no one checked out the room before it was rented. So I leave the Hotel to go meet my son in laws family that lives near the hotel (we were there for my daughter’s wedding). We arrive back at the hotel at around 12 am - The bed sheets are not changed so I take the sheets and comforter off the bed and bring then downstairs for them to exchange them. The desk clerk hands over bedspreads he states no one from housekeeping was there and he has no idea where the sheets and comforters are he could not find sheets nor comforters- unbelievable.-so we deal with using the bedspreads for that night. The next day housekeeping comes and cleans the room everything seems fine but still no comforter. We check out Sunday around 11am. The next day Monday at around 6pm I get a call from the someone working at the hotel telling me that I was going to be charged $300 for steam cleaning the carpet in the room because the cleaning personnel found red stains on the carpet-which was probably there from the prior renter or the cleaning personnel. I think they knew about the stains prior to renting the room to me and just wanted to charge someone that lives out of state for cleaning it -because there was not much that an out of state guest could do without having to come back to Michigan. My opinion -do not stay at this establishment. I will be filling a complaint within the week with the better business bureau - if this issue is not resolved by the end of the week by the parent company intercontinental hotels.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank agventura
Dallas, TX
Reviewed October 27, 2009

Traveling with my teenage son, daughter, son-in-law and 14 month old grandson, we needed a suite. We also need something 'in the middle' between Brighton and down town Detroit (for a wedding), and this hotel was perfectly situated between the two cities.

It was convenient to the highway, and there are fast food restaurants nearby.

Parking was free, the hotel staff was friendly, and, when we requested a crib, one was brought up within the hour. The lobby was beautiful, and there was a restaurant with a live band, although we didnt go there. There is also a bar next to the lobby, which they offer you one free drink. Free internet is also available.

The room itself was nice for all of us. There was a separate living area where my daughter, son in law, and baby slept, separated by a bathroom and small hall, and double beds where my teenage son and I slept. It was a nice arrangement that worked out well for us.

The windows opened (our view was the parking lot), and even though it was July, it was nice to get some fresh air in there with all those people. The indoor pool/hot tub was really nice.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank kileyjae
ontario
Reviewed August 23, 2009

We arrived about 7pm. Stood at the desk for 10 mins before someone came around the corner to say "checking in?" No apology, no smile. Said she was studying! Wow! I'd like a job like that! Never a hello or smile from anyone during whole week. We wont be back. They could care less about customer service!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank middlemcc3
Ontario
Reviewed May 19, 2009

Rooms are clean and spacious, beds are quite comformtable. Front desk service was excellent, quick and easy, they recommended good local restaurants and lent us a deck of cards. Free drink provided with room. Nothing to complain about

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank WrldTrvlGrl
Michigan
Reviewed April 9, 2009

We stayed at this hotel during Christmas to get away for a couple days. They had a lot of trouble figuring out which room we should be in when we checked in, but 15 minutes later we were in our room. We found it to be clean, spacious, beautiful and cold! The temperature was set at 45 degrees! After a couple hours it was only up to 60 so we decided to go down to the pool and see if the hot tub could warm us up. But it was also very cold. The hot tub was colder than a cold pool and the pool felt like Lake Michigan in the spring. After asking to have the pool warmed up and explaining the cold hotel room, the front desk was very apologetic, but stated the pool would not be warm enough to swim in until morning. That was a bummer since we were only staying for two days. The breakfast was just okay. We got a package with breakfast included so that's what we ate. We loved the rooms - very spacious and elegant. But the cold took the chill out of our little holiday break.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank WorldTraveler6784
Also consider these accommodations in or near Farmington Hills
Fairfield Inn & Suites Detroit Farmington Hills
Fairfield Inn & Suites Detroit F...
#1 of 12 in Farmington Hills
Radisson Hotel Detroit-Farmington Hills
Radisson Hotel Detroit-Farmingto...
#4 of 12 in Farmington Hills
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Detroit Farmington Hills
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Detro...
#3 of 12 in Farmington Hills
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Detroit-Novi
Red Roof Inn Farmington Hills
Red Roof Inn Farmington Hills
#5 of 12 in Farmington Hills
Courtyard Detroit Novi

Been to Holiday Inn Farmington Hills/Novi? Share your experiences!