My husband, myself and our two daughters (13 and 24) stayed at this hotel for three nights in mid-May 2006. We had a two-double-bed suite and my uncle stayed down the hall in a king suite. We were there for my father's funeral, so it was a stressful situation at best. I was very pleased overall with our stay at this hotel. We made our suite our "home-away-from-home." We would stay again.
Lobby: Clean and impressive.
Restaurant and Lounge: I never ate at the restaurant. My husband had the continental breakfast once. He said it was fine. One evening I asked the front desk clerk where the lounge was and never really got an answer. He mumbled something about the restaurant. I didn't see a cocktail lounge and I looked for it.
Suite: We really liked the "suite" arrangement. My uncle was staying in another room and he would come and visit. It was nice to have a living room and not be visiting on beds. Since we were staying three nights, we used the refrigerator for some beverages, sandwich items and leftovers, and did use the microwave. We found that set-up to be wonderful. The size of the refrigerator was a pleasant surprise as well. It was larger than expected and could hold two-liter bottles on the door.
Beds: Lots of pillows. The first night our older daughter slept on the sofa bed. She said it was very uncomfortable. The mattress was thin and no springs. My husband said our double bed was uncomfortable but I found it fine.
Room furnishings: There was an issue with the window not closing all the way, but since I like a little fresh air, I didn't see this as a problem. The furnishings in the room were appropriate for this type of hotel and functional. We had two TV's and again, the living room was great. One night I stayed up later than the rest of the family and sat in the living room, had a drink and a snack and watched TV while the rest of them slept. Again, loved having a suite.
TV: No Cable. I am glad I had TIVO'd a show at home because it was showing and I would have missed it. Lots of news stations...not a whole lot else.
WiFi: My husband got on his laptop without any problems.
Housekeeping: There were four of us. We had two glasses. You don't get clean ones. They just leave the dirty ones there. We also did not have enough styrofoam cups the first day for coffee. I had brought some from home, thankfully, or only one of us would have been able to have coffee. I made a call to the front desk and eveything was much better on "Day 2." Lots of towels throughout our stay. Room was clean. Coffee. Lots of toiletries.
Pool and Exercise Room: The exercise room was very nice. My only observation was that if I were much taller, I would have had a problem with the treadmills because the ceiling was so low. Also, no TV. I remember commenting to myself, "A TV would have been nice." They had a water cooler. Nice. Towels at the pool, again, nice. The pool was clean, the temperture was great and the spa was soothing. No complaints there. I enjoyed the pool and spa very much. My only observation there was that there was not a restroom of any kind in that facility. To use a restroom you had to go in the hall and use the one off the lobby. Not great with wet suits.
Overall impression: I would stay there again. The suite set-up was great. There are enough restaurants close enough that the restaurant issue did not come into play. They offer room service breakfast which is great for the business traveler. We considered ordering on our last day but we just didn't make it happen. I would recommend this hotel for families using this as a place to stay for travel but not as a destination. For families looking for a place to spend the weekend, find a Holidome. This hotel is great for the business traveler. VERY convenient to the expressways.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn & Suites in Farmington Hills/Novi is a three diamond, full service, all suite hotel providing exceptional service, free wireless high-speed Internet and free local calls. We are conveniently located to I-696, I-275 and M-5. We have easy access to Livonia, Novi, Southfield and Detroit. The Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Farmington Hills/Novi is the recipient of the 2007 Renovation Award. Everything has been designed for business and leisure travelers alike. Our meeting/banquet space accommodates up to two hundred people. Nearby offices include General Motors, Hitachi, Nissan, Tower Automotive, Magna and TRW. The nearby expressways allow quick access to local attractions and sports centers such as Greenfield Village/Henry Ford Museum, Ford Field, Palace of Auburn Hills, Twelve Oaks Mall, Detroit Casinos, Detroit Zoo, Founders Sports Park, Canton Sports Center, Compuware Arena and Comerica Park. We are the host hotel for the Rock Financial Showplace located only a few miles away. Attending the Great Lakes Art Fair, Int'l Gem & Jewelry, Mustang Memories All Ford Show or the W. Oakland Rib Cook Off & Family Fest at Rock Financial Showplace - our Direct Dial Phone located at RFS provides convenient complimentary shuttle service. Our team of highly qualified staff will provide nothing less than world-class professional, courteous and responsive service at the Holiday Inn & Suites Farmington Hills. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotel.de, Cancelon, Priceline, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Farmington Hills/Novi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Farmington Hills/Novi Hotel Farmington Hills
- Farmington Hills Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Novi