“Enjoyed our stay.....”

Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Farmington Hills
Northwest Ohio
“Enjoyed our stay.....”
Reviewed May 21, 2006

My husband, myself and our two daughters (13 and 24) stayed at this hotel for three nights in mid-May 2006. We had a two-double-bed suite and my uncle stayed down the hall in a king suite. We were there for my father's funeral, so it was a stressful situation at best. I was very pleased overall with our stay at this hotel. We made our suite our "home-away-from-home." We would stay again.

Lobby: Clean and impressive.

Restaurant and Lounge: I never ate at the restaurant. My husband had the continental breakfast once. He said it was fine. One evening I asked the front desk clerk where the lounge was and never really got an answer. He mumbled something about the restaurant. I didn't see a cocktail lounge and I looked for it.

Suite: We really liked the "suite" arrangement. My uncle was staying in another room and he would come and visit. It was nice to have a living room and not be visiting on beds. Since we were staying three nights, we used the refrigerator for some beverages, sandwich items and leftovers, and did use the microwave. We found that set-up to be wonderful. The size of the refrigerator was a pleasant surprise as well. It was larger than expected and could hold two-liter bottles on the door.

Beds: Lots of pillows. The first night our older daughter slept on the sofa bed. She said it was very uncomfortable. The mattress was thin and no springs. My husband said our double bed was uncomfortable but I found it fine.

Room furnishings: There was an issue with the window not closing all the way, but since I like a little fresh air, I didn't see this as a problem. The furnishings in the room were appropriate for this type of hotel and functional. We had two TV's and again, the living room was great. One night I stayed up later than the rest of the family and sat in the living room, had a drink and a snack and watched TV while the rest of them slept. Again, loved having a suite.

TV: No Cable. I am glad I had TIVO'd a show at home because it was showing and I would have missed it. Lots of news stations...not a whole lot else.

WiFi: My husband got on his laptop without any problems.

Housekeeping: There were four of us. We had two glasses. You don't get clean ones. They just leave the dirty ones there. We also did not have enough styrofoam cups the first day for coffee. I had brought some from home, thankfully, or only one of us would have been able to have coffee. I made a call to the front desk and eveything was much better on "Day 2." Lots of towels throughout our stay. Room was clean. Coffee. Lots of toiletries.

Pool and Exercise Room: The exercise room was very nice. My only observation was that if I were much taller, I would have had a problem with the treadmills because the ceiling was so low. Also, no TV. I remember commenting to myself, "A TV would have been nice." They had a water cooler. Nice. Towels at the pool, again, nice. The pool was clean, the temperture was great and the spa was soothing. No complaints there. I enjoyed the pool and spa very much. My only observation there was that there was not a restroom of any kind in that facility. To use a restroom you had to go in the hall and use the one off the lobby. Not great with wet suits.

Overall impression: I would stay there again. The suite set-up was great. There are enough restaurants close enough that the restaurant issue did not come into play. They offer room service breakfast which is great for the business traveler. We considered ordering on our last day but we just didn't make it happen. I would recommend this hotel for families using this as a place to stay for travel but not as a destination. For families looking for a place to spend the weekend, find a Holidome. This hotel is great for the business traveler. VERY convenient to the expressways.

• Stayed May 2006
3 Thank sailwithme56

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Reviewed May 7, 2006

My stay at this hotel was for 1 week. The whole experience between check in and check out was unpleasant. Breakfast on Sunday at the restaurant in the hotel was a farse. The Front Desk Staff claimed that the restaurant is not run by Holiday Inn and they are not responsible for their quality (or lack of). The pool was unusable due to extremely high chlorine vapors which had people coughing and their eyes buning. The ceiling in the exercise room is very low and there isn't much equipment. My room was on a non smoking floor but the guests in the room next to mine as well as several other rooms on that floorwere smoking. This issue was brought to the attention of the front desk for two consecutive days. The staff was either unable to enforce the no smoking rule or the issue was ignored since this problem didn't stop. A package had been dropped off at the front desk with instructions on it to advise me that it had arrived. I went to the front desk the next day to inquire on the package and it was handed to me with the note to let me know that it had arrived still on it! The front desk had no comment. The window in the room I stayed didn't close all the way allowing noise from the Intersate as well as wind and rain to enter the room. This problem was not addressed even though I stayed there for an entire week. When I enquired to the possibility to change rooms I was advised that the Hotel was full but that they would try to accomodate me, I never heard from them for the rest of my stay. I have had many pleasant stays at Holiday Inns but this is not one that I would recommend until many issues have been resolved.

• Stayed April 2006, traveled on business
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
detroit
Reviewed February 9, 2006

I stay there at the Superbowl weekend the hotel look like is five star hotel, i loved ever thing the stuff, the place and the services. i would stay there again. and every thing in the room it look brand new.

nadeem

• Stayed February 2006
1 Thank nadeem
New York
Reviewed November 9, 2005

This hotel is no longer a Radisson. As of November, it was under construction to be transformed to another chain, I was told a high end Holiday Inn. Be that as it may, they are renting out rooms despite being in essence a construction site. When I stayed on Nobember 9 the entrance was through an emergency exit, the walls around the check in desk were framed in but not yet sheetrocked. In my room, two lights did not work, some of the wallpaper trim was not up, and other parts of the wallpaper were coming off, the marble surround on the sink was still attached visa tape and the internet connection was not working. Frankly, I was surprised that they were open. I think it is a mistake, as I will not be back. My travel agency called the hotel to make the reservation, and received no warning about the work being done, so I thought I would post something for others.

• Stayed November 2005, traveled on business
2 Thank Traveler2005
Reviewed October 27, 2004

this is a great hotel...clean...free drinks in the evening....and a great breakfast in the morning. This hotel has a great location close to shopping and in a nice safe area. When traveling to Detroit. I will be staying here for sure

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 14, 2003

While visiting relatives in the area, we recently stayed at this hotel.
We were given the royal treatment by my standards. Every effort was made by the entire staff to make our stay memorable. Robin the general manager, was the best. I would recommend this hotel to anyone with children or traveling as a professional. Thank You.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Holland, MI
Reviewed July 7, 2003

Hotel convenient to all major thoughways into Detroit. We rented two rooms for the night, booked though expedia for about 89.00 per room.
Checkin was fast and easy. Front desk very helpful. Gave us coupons to order pizza. Was greated in the hallway by our room by housekeeping staff. Helped us with getting our doors open. Brought extra blankets and pillows quickly. Free breakfast buffet included. Good deal when you are feeding 4 teenage boys. Scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, hash browns, french toast, cereal, danish and donuts.

5 Thank StevenDJ_11
Also consider these accommodations in or near Farmington Hills
Fairfield Inn & Suites Detroit Farmington Hills
Fairfield Inn & Suites Detroit F...
#1 of 12 in Farmington Hills
Radisson Hotel Detroit-Farmington Hills
Radisson Hotel Detroit-Farmingto...
#3 of 12 in Farmington Hills
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Detroit Farmington Hills
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Detro...
#2 of 12 in Farmington Hills
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Detroit-Novi
Red Roof Inn Farmington Hills
Red Roof Inn Farmington Hills
#6 of 12 in Farmington Hills
Hilton Garden Inn Detroit/Novi

Been to Holiday Inn Farmington Hills/Novi? Share your experiences!