“Worse experiance that I have ever had at a hotel in my life.”

Holiday Inn Farmington Hills/Novi
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Farmington Hills
Reviewed December 2, 2009

I arrived at the Hotel (after driving almost 11 hours from New Jersey) at around 7pm. There was practically no one in the parking lot so I figured the hotel was practically empty.
The person at the front desk put my family in a room practically on the other side of the hotel which took us like 5 to 10 min. to get to the room -We arrived at the room the first thing I noticed was big red stains on one of the bed's bed sheets and comforter I called the front desk and told them. I asked them to send someone to change the bed sheets. I find it absurd no one checked out the room before it was rented. So I leave the Hotel to go meet my son in laws family that lives near the hotel (we were there for my daughter’s wedding). We arrive back at the hotel at around 12 am - The bed sheets are not changed so I take the sheets and comforter off the bed and bring then downstairs for them to exchange them. The desk clerk hands over bedspreads he states no one from housekeeping was there and he has no idea where the sheets and comforters are he could not find sheets nor comforters- unbelievable.-so we deal with using the bedspreads for that night. The next day housekeeping comes and cleans the room everything seems fine but still no comforter. We check out Sunday around 11am. The next day Monday at around 6pm I get a call from the someone working at the hotel telling me that I was going to be charged $300 for steam cleaning the carpet in the room because the cleaning personnel found red stains on the carpet-which was probably there from the prior renter or the cleaning personnel. I think they knew about the stains prior to renting the room to me and just wanted to charge someone that lives out of state for cleaning it -because there was not much that an out of state guest could do without having to come back to Michigan. My opinion -do not stay at this establishment. I will be filling a complaint within the week with the better business bureau - if this issue is not resolved by the end of the week by the parent company intercontinental hotels.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank agventura

Reviewed October 27, 2009

Traveling with my teenage son, daughter, son-in-law and 14 month old grandson, we needed a suite. We also need something 'in the middle' between Brighton and down town Detroit (for a wedding), and this hotel was perfectly situated between the two cities.

It was convenient to the highway, and there are fast food restaurants nearby.

Parking was free, the hotel staff was friendly, and, when we requested a crib, one was brought up within the hour. The lobby was beautiful, and there was a restaurant with a live band, although we didnt go there. There is also a bar next to the lobby, which they offer you one free drink. Free internet is also available.

The room itself was nice for all of us. There was a separate living area where my daughter, son in law, and baby slept, separated by a bathroom and small hall, and double beds where my teenage son and I slept. It was a nice arrangement that worked out well for us.

The windows opened (our view was the parking lot), and even though it was July, it was nice to get some fresh air in there with all those people. The indoor pool/hot tub was really nice.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank kileyjae
Reviewed August 23, 2009

We arrived about 7pm. Stood at the desk for 10 mins before someone came around the corner to say "checking in?" No apology, no smile. Said she was studying! Wow! I'd like a job like that! Never a hello or smile from anyone during whole week. We wont be back. They could care less about customer service!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank middlemcc3
Reviewed May 19, 2009

Rooms are clean and spacious, beds are quite comformtable. Front desk service was excellent, quick and easy, they recommended good local restaurants and lent us a deck of cards. Free drink provided with room. Nothing to complain about

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank WrldTrvlGrl
Reviewed April 9, 2009

We stayed at this hotel during Christmas to get away for a couple days. They had a lot of trouble figuring out which room we should be in when we checked in, but 15 minutes later we were in our room. We found it to be clean, spacious, beautiful and cold! The temperature was set at 45 degrees! After a couple hours it was only up to 60 so we decided to go down to the pool and see if the hot tub could warm us up. But it was also very cold. The hot tub was colder than a cold pool and the pool felt like Lake Michigan in the spring. After asking to have the pool warmed up and explaining the cold hotel room, the front desk was very apologetic, but stated the pool would not be warm enough to swim in until morning. That was a bummer since we were only staying for two days. The breakfast was just okay. We got a package with breakfast included so that's what we ate. We loved the rooms - very spacious and elegant. But the cold took the chill out of our little holiday break.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank WorldTraveler6784
Reviewed April 6, 2009

Reserved 2 suites for a group of 7 guys on a quest to experience the Final Four in Detroit. The hotel was attractively decorated and we were well received. They graciously allowed us to check in early, but told us that they did not and would not have the rooms with 2 doubles/queens as requested. We had reserved for 7 and ended up with a King and a sofa in each...far less than ideal.

The room was clean...beds were comfortable...everything worked appropriately. We appreciated the fridge/microwave, free coffee/cocoa, and newspaper.

One morning, we saw a significant number of ants in the pool area...not a big deal but not a good thing either. Otherwise, our experience was quite good and I'd book and stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank AlumniGuy
Reviewed October 13, 2008

This is a great hotel. The rooms are modern and comfortable. The living area has a couch, tv, fridge and desk. The bedroom area has another tv and a king bed. The bathroom had a lot of counter space and a really nice Moen shower head. Everything was very clean and modern.
The hotel has some nice amenities. There is a restaurant and ball room on the main floor. There is also a small bar/pub off the lobby. The gym is small but well equipped. The indoor pool area is nice with tables, vending machines, and an attached hot tub. The lobby is nicely decorated with several comfy chairs and couches, big-screen tv, coffee/cocoa machine, computers, and books.
The staff of the hotel were very helpful and friendly. It is also in a good location right off the freeway. There are a couple dining establishments around there and if you go just 1 more exit there are more. Overall we had a very pleasurable stay here and wouldn't hesitate to come back.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Jeth
Also consider these accommodations in or near Farmington Hills
Fairfield Inn & Suites Detroit Farmington Hills
Fairfield Inn & Suites Detroit F...
#1 of 13 in Farmington Hills
Radisson Hotel Detroit-Farmington Hills
Radisson Hotel Detroit-Farmingto...
#4 of 13 in Farmington Hills
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Detroit Farmington Hills
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Detro...
#2 of 13 in Farmington Hills
3 mi away
Courtyard by Marriott Detroit Farmington
Courtyard by Marriott Detroit Fa...
#7 of 13 in Farmington Hills
Red Roof Inn Farmington Hills
Red Roof Inn Farmington Hills
#8 of 13 in Farmington Hills
Sheraton Detroit Novi

Been to Holiday Inn Farmington Hills/Novi? Share your experiences!