“Conference for a day”

Holiday Inn Farmington Hills/Novi
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Farmington Hills
Reviewed February 28, 2014

I took a group of 20 employees to a conference that was hosted at this hotel. I was very impressed with the staff and all they did to help me coordinate a large group. I ordered pizza for the group and they even opened their closed restaurant for our staff so we would all have a place to eat together. They were friendly, helpful, accommodating and always had a smile on their face. If I have the need to stay in that area in the future I definitely would chose this establishment.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Farmington Hills/Novi

Reviewed January 2, 2014

We chose this hotel because of location and price point for our Winter Classic 2014 stay. We stayed for 3 nights. We are IHG members and appreciate the brand and were not disappointed by our room, housekeeping or other staff interactions.
The room was spacious and kept tidy throughout our stay. The crib that we asked for was set up and in the room before we got there. Dave, the manager, responded to an email that I had sent regarding transportation options and had a staff member call me.
The "restaurant" was not what I expected or perhaps hoped for. The Red Lion Pub boasts American/Japanese cuisine - the menu had only one or two items that might suggest an Asian flavour and breakfast had a few items labeled as Japanese fair but were empty. Appreciated the complementary breakfast but all of our party noted that they wouldn't have wanted to pay for it. We Tim Hortons it on other days (a few miles south in Livonia). I'd find other options for food it we were to stay again.

The biggest negative about our stay was not related to the hotel itself but can be summed up in two words - Hockey Teams. I won't go on and on but to say - what is up with parents who think it is ok to send their children out into the hallways to play mini sticks all night - past midnight seemed a bit ridiculous to me! #rude #inconsiderate

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

We spent 4 days and had a few issues but they were quickly taken care of..Dave the manager followed through to make sure we were satisfied. Dave made it a point to know is on a first name basis. He is a great manager. The room was very nice, clean and upscale.. The bed was very comfortable and pillows were fluffy.. There was a microwave and refrigerator in the living room with a couch in a separate area. The breakfast was excellent and very upscale. It was included in our package but worth the $$ if I had to pay. The servers were very nice and professional. There is also free beer and chicken on Tuesday and Wednesday night with a wheel Dave spins and you can win gift certificates. The only suggestion for improvement I would suggest is a safe in the room to secure valuables. Thought a 4 star hotel would have..

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Jodi L
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Typical HI as in clean and unassuming. If you are interested in sites or dining options this is not for you as the local areas is not pedestrian friendly. It is also expensive and inconvenient to get to DTW from here wilt a car. They will call you are car but they are unreliable. The car service provided to me wanted $6 to process a credit card transaction. On arriving at the airport the driver discovered his credit card processing machine was not working. This devolved rapidly into expletive laden curses, the driver calling his office to attempt to process the card from there are berating his colleague over the phone for not working fast enough. I ended up going into the terminal to withdraw cash from the ATM (outrageous service fee of course). In short: avoid this hotel's car service.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Farmington Hills/Novi, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Dear DanColquhoun,

Thank you so much for the feedback provided from your stay. We appreciate you taking the time to provide critical feedback which we use to help us improve our services for you and all our future guests. We are sorry for the inconvenience you have experienced with the car service that was provided to you. Rest assured that your comments have been documented and will certainly be looked into.

Once again thank you for bringing this to our attention. We hope to provide you with a better service in the future.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed November 10, 2013

This was my first time to stay at this hotel and was for business. It was an amazing experience. The room was clean and cozy. The staff tried to make our group as happy as they can. Especially for a foreign stranger like us, the shuttle service to and from the local restaurants was very very helpful. I appreciate the manager and his staff for their efforts.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Dave has been great with his personal approach to everyone he meets or greets coming in the hotel. His staff top notch Sonny, Deb, Tasha, for breakfast, Karen and Matt at the Desk. Evenings Ingrid helps with a personal touch at the bar which makes a stranger welcome keep it up and I will be back. I may have missed someone and it is on because I cannot remember all the names but everyone was very polite.

Thanks
Gary

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 26, 2013

While visiting my Aunt in Royal Oak Mi I stayed here and the service was shockingly horrible! The front desk associates seemed nice but under pressure. I spoke with the manager, a short fellow with glasses, and he had an arrogance to himself which really seemed odd to me since this hotel is a 3 star. Rooms seemed clean to the naked eye, but i am a hotel jumpper so to speak, i can tell (as a lot of hotels dont) that their sheets are not changed daily. I attempted to ask for clean sheets from a guy i saw vacuuming the hall outside of my room but he barely spoke english and his body odor was most pungent! I know foreigners have peculiar odors but if you work in a customer service field at least shower. This hotel has lost another customer. For the rooms to be as much as they are there isnt much customer satisfaction happening. Get it together Holiday Inn Farmington Hills!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Techsavyy
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Farmington Hills/Novi, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Dear Techsavyy,

Thank you for your stay with us and reviewing our property.

I am disappointed to hear that your experience with us was not what you expected. I sincerely apologize for the dissatisfaction you had with the level of cleanliness and truly sorry for our facility fell below your standards. Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver world-class service to our guests.

We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Also consider these accommodations in or near Farmington Hills
Fairfield Inn & Suites Detroit Farmington Hills
Fairfield Inn & Suites Detroit F...
#1 of 12 in Farmington Hills
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Detroit Farmington Hills
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Detro...
#2 of 12 in Farmington Hills
Country Inn & Suites by Carlson
Radisson Hotel Detroit-Farmington Hills
Radisson Hotel Detroit-Farmingto...
#4 of 12 in Farmington Hills
Hilton Garden Inn Detroit/Novi
Courtyard by Marriott Detroit Farmington
Courtyard by Marriott Detroit Fa...
#8 of 12 in Farmington Hills

Been to Holiday Inn Farmington Hills/Novi? Share your experiences!