“Thank you!”

Holiday Inn Farmington Hills/Novi
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Farmington Hills
“Thank you!”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

I stay at this location every few weeks for business. My stays have always been made to "feel like home". I frequent the Restaurant in the evenings and the bartender/host/waitress Ingrid is always a pleasure to talk to. She is a breath or fresh air after a long days work. Rooms are always clean and comfortable with wifi access that has never let me down like some hotels that I stay at weekly. I always look forward to breakfast, flat screen TV with the news while reading the newspaper. Friendly faces and good sellection on the buffet. I really appreciate Sonny's smiling face in the morning as she always goes out of her way to spend a few minutes chatting with me and assure I dont need anything else like a bottle of water for my morning travels.
Again thank you to all the friendly staff, especially Ingrid & Sonny. I appreciate you making me feel at home.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
david e, General Manager at Holiday Inn Farmington Hills/Novi, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
We appreciate your comments and thankyou for staying at our Hotel. Your business is greatly appreciated

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
Reviewed September 18, 2013

This is a great property. It is very clean, and well appointed. It appears that it was very recently renovated and updated. The staff is cheerful, articulate and helpful. The Red Lion Restaurant has good food and service. I would absolutely stay here - every time I am in the area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
We appreciate your comments regarding the value in our Hotel. We look forward to your return.
Farmington Hills, Michigan
Reviewed September 13, 2013

I was in town on business and stayed at the Holiday Inn on Grand River. The room was clean, comfortable, and spacious. They had friendly breakfast staff, and though it was busy there was plenty of food available for me to have all I needed. The facility seems recently updated. This hotel is worth checking out if you're in the area.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Michael S
So glad you enjoyed our breakfast. We take alot of pride in our breakfast buffet and the service along with it. We just purchased a conveyor toaster to even better the experience.
Alma, Michigan
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Very nice clean hotel. Rooms very spacious, quiet, clean and comfortable. The staff were very friendly and gave great service. The restaurant/bar was a lot of fun. Good drinks, and food, great service. Upon check in I was greeted quickly and the staff were very friendly and helpful. Managers were present and made sure guests were getting excellent service. I stayed for business trip and will stay here often. The staff made the business travelers feel like home away from home. I stayed here a few nights and my room was cleaned daily, fresh towels etc.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thans for the comment on our clenliness. We take great pride in the clenliness of our hotel. We look forward to your return.
Kalamazoo, Michigan
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We had a great stay. Quiet room, nice staff. The hot tub was hot. Pool was a little cool. Our room was forgotten and not serviced. I am sure it was an honest mistake, the facilities were very clean. Didn't eat at restaurant or go to lounge.

• Stayed August 2013
We are glad you enjoyed your stay. We have turned the pool temerature up 4 degrees to insure the warmth of the water :)
mid-Atlantic, USA
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Newer property with most the amenities you'd need. My suite had two flatscreens and was quiet even though it was across from the elevator.
Breakfast buffet was a little above average but nothing outstanding. Front desk could use more help especially in the morning.
Toilet didn't flush properly and started to back up. I remedied the situation by pouring a couple buckets of hot water and presto - problem solved.
Very noticeable was the cable for the second flatscreen that was tucked under the carpet on the walkthrough from the front of the room to the back where the bed was located. You'd think they would have fished it through the walls.
A mix of clientel was at this property when I stayed on business during the week, everything from business to construction workers (the construction guys were all outside smoking/drinking most of the evening at the side enterance). Even though this a non-smoking hotel, you had to put up with the smoking outside at the enterances.
For the money, it was a little disappointing.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank nitroradio
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Farmington Hills/Novi, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear nitroradio,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review about our property. It is always our goal to provide convenient and world class service to our guest. We apologize we were not able to exceed your expectations during your stay. Please be assured that these will be looked into and that your comments will be used to monitor future improvements needed.

Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to welcome you again soon.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare
Farmington Hills, Michigan
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Simply OUTSTANDING service provided by hotel staff!! My very best wishes and many thanks to Simon Habeeb, Mara (bar area), Mary, Lucy, Yosef (thanks for driving us, brother!) for the superb hospitality given to me and my work asscociates (TRAVELERS) during my ever-first visit to Michigan! Your kindmess, your professional courtesy, and your sincere willingness to make my visit comfortable was truly seen as genuine! Your professional courtesy given to me and my associates reflects great credit upon yourself and upon Holiday Inn - Farmington Hills, MI. Many thanks and best wishes! Eli O.

Room Tip: Laundry areas, and fitness areas, are convinently located in first floor! Room is very wel maintain...