“Overall stay”

Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Farmington Hills
Kent City, Michigan
“Overall stay”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I recommend this hotel to everyone. We arrived and were greeted by friendly, helpful people, who were more than happy to help in any way possible. They greeted me as a PC member and gave us all cookies upon arrival. On the way to the room this hotel has a FREE coffee and hot chocolate machine that is available 24/7. Opening the door to the room we noticed water and snacks on the table waiting for us. The room was spotless and very well stocked with nice big bath towels and the bed were made nice and tight with great pillows. The hotel resturant has great food and the pool/hot tub area was wonderful for us and the grand kids. I prefer this Holiday Inn over any other hotel in the area.

Tim O'Leary

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Erik V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Farmington Hills/Novi, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Tim, thanks for the great review! You're a favorite guest of the front desk, and we hope you'll continue to stay with us as you visit Farmington Hills into the future. We're always here to go above and beyond for whatever you may need. Since your last stay we updated our channel lineup in all the guest rooms to include 6 new sports channels. I know you'll enjoy them! NFL, NBA, NHL, and MLB Network channels! Also, Bein Sports and a dedicated Tennis channel. You won't want to leave the room after work at all! We got you covered with room service just in case - Take care!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Edmonton , Alberta Canada
Reviewed March 21, 2013

The check in was fast and smooth .Great front desk staff for all my needs.Hotel is spotless clean and everything works including the Internet.Great restraunt in the hotel and had several good meals and the hotel Manager hosted a Hospitality Hour with great food and wine.
The hotel has an indoor pool and a gym to work out.House keeping staff are excellent as the room is always fresh and clean .I stay at hotels all the time for business and this is the best hotel total experience i have ever had as i have been here 2+ weeks.Also ,great complimentary breakfast with scrambled eggs, petite potatoes ham and bacon , lots of fresh fruit and cereal to choose from. Best hotel i have had the pleasure of staying at. The location is central with lots of dining opportunities .

Room Tip: All the rooms are suites so you can't go wrong.The room is impeccable all the time
1 Thank CanuckStAlbert17
Erik V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Farmington Hills/Novi, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Canuck, wow what else can I say but thank you! Your review was such a pleasure to read for everyone here at the hotel. We're incredibly happy that you have chosen to stay with us on your extended visit to Farmington Hills & Novi. It's only been a short while but we will never forget you, or the nice things you've said about hotel. If there is anything we can do for you in the future, be sure to let us know! Take care, and thank you again!
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 8, 2013

After organizing my room I want get onto the Internet and nothing. Of course initially reception decided it was me but afterwards they came to my room.
In the end of course the net was done and I was the first to notice it.
It was fixed fast and people were very helpful in their attempts to help.
In general the place was OK but nothing memorable sticks in my mind.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Erik V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Farmington Hills/Novi, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
First let me say thank you for reviewing our hotel after your stay. I appreciate all feedback both good and bad. I apologize for the issues you experienced with our internet system. We've recently undergone an upgrade in terms of bandwidth, and we are still working out some issues. Rest assured that it is in top working order now and hasn't had any issue since. I was happy to know that the staff responded to you quickly. We try very hard to make sure our staff responds to all our guests concerns both small and large with a caring, empathetic attitude. Please try us again if you return to the area - I'd love the chance to give you a 5 star experience. Take care!
CHIPPEWA FALLS
Reviewed March 4, 2013

The people at this hotel from the front desk to the bar were excellent. Elizbeth in the bar was friendly and did a great job. The front desk and manager were exceptional also and a great place to stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Golfer, thank you for the great review! I'm happy to hear that my staff made your stay with us enjoyable. In a hotel a lot of things can go wrong, but having an encounter with a great staff member can make all the difference in the world. I will be personally thanking Elizabeth for her work. I hope you'll come back and stay with us again in the future! Take care!
Waterford, Michigan, United States
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We stayed here for a week and a half while a flood in our house was repaired. This hotel was perfect for us and our dog! With a kitchenette and living space that were very accommodating to our needs and breakfast served each morning, this felt like the perfect home away from home. When we needed anything from towels to extra silverware, they were accommodating in every way. Erik and Randy were so nice and helped us with anything we needed.

Highly recommended!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Joshua, thank you for taking the time out of your day to write us a review. We always appreciate reading positive feedback as it lets us know we are doing a good job. Our facility does allow certain pets so those of you traveling with a furry friend, please keep us in mind if you are in the area. I will make sure to personally thank Randy for his exceptional service during your stay. Thank you again, and take care.
Wilmington, Delaware
Reviewed February 24, 2013

During my visit to MI, I did not book a rental car and decided to use the Suttle service. I was not disappointed with my decision. Both the Guys Simon and Joseph were very punctual in picking and droppping me off. The hotel stay was also very comfortable.

Room Tip: To my experience I have stayed on both the first and second floor and they are very quite.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Erik V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Farmington Hills/Novi, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Raj, thanks for the great review! I'm glad to know our shuttle service for your company worked out. I will be sure to personally thank Simon and Joseph for the wonderful service they provided. Hearing that the hotel itself was comfortable for you is nice to hear as well. I hope you will return to us again in the future! Thanks again, take care!
Buford, Georgia
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I travel for my job and have never found a nicer , cleaner and more friendly place. A real home away from home. Easy to access affordable clean that is what I have found here. The Red Lion offers a great atmosphere for relaxing and the lobby offers seating to relax in so that you are not stuck in your room. You will not be disappointed here. John

• Stayed February 2013
John, thanks for the great review. It was nice speaking with you in the lobby and Red Lion. If work ever brings you back to Farmington Hills, I know we will see you again. I hear the phrase 'home away from home' often, and it never gets old. Take care!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Farmington Hills
Fairfield Inn & Suites Detroit Farmington Hills
Fairfield Inn & Suites Detroit F...
#1 of 12 in Farmington Hills
Radisson Hotel Detroit-Farmington Hills
Radisson Hotel Detroit-Farmingto...
#3 of 12 in Farmington Hills
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Detroit Farmington Hills
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Detro...
#2 of 12 in Farmington Hills
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Detroit-Novi
Red Roof Inn Farmington Hills
Red Roof Inn Farmington Hills
#6 of 12 in Farmington Hills
Hilton Garden Inn Detroit/Novi

Been to Holiday Inn Farmington Hills/Novi? Share your experiences!