“The place to stay in Farmington”

Holiday Inn Farmington Hills/Novi
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Farmington Hills
Reviewed November 17, 2012

I stay here every time I am in town. The staff is friendly and professional, both at the front desk and in the two restaurants. Comfortable room, especially the bed, nice pool and exercise area. Service with a smile! (hard to find these days)

1  Thank Ken W
Erik V, Manager at Holiday Inn Farmington Hills/Novi, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

I appreciate you taking the time out of your day to leave us a review. Everyone at the hotel loves seeing these posted online. We just finished the process of upgrading all of our mattresses, so thanks for the comment about the comfortable beds. Take care!

Reviewed November 15, 2012

Here you will have a completely AWESOME staff. All are fun, helpful, friendly, and go out of there way for their guest. Give them a try. This is my second time staying here and they make it feel like your home!

• Stayed: November 2012

I have to agree with you, we do have an awesome staff here at the hotel! If there is anything a guest needs to make their stay with us more enjoyable, we will do whatever possible to make it happen. We take a lot of pride in doing our job well. Thank you so much for the review! Hope you'll come back again soon!

Reviewed November 13, 2012

Very clean hotel and grounds. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The rooms were clean, modern, and spacious. The manager's reception was well run and the meal was fantastic. I would highly recommend this hotel based on my experience and location.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Thanks for the great review! Our Managers reception is just a way of saying thanks to our regular corporate travelers during the week, held on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. It's not just for corporate travelers either, anyone staying in the hotel those nights is welcome. I can't thank you enough for the kind recommendation and review. Take care!

Reviewed November 13, 2012

I've stayed at a few different hotel chains throughout the states while traveling for work. Instead of staying a night or two, it tends to be weeks on end.

I've been at the Holiday Inn and Suites in Farmington since the 4th of November. While I don't confuse this place with home, it is comfortable enough to be able to focus on work.

There is a USA Today at your threshold during the week, and the breakfast buffet always has enough food.

I haven't eaten at the Red Lion, which resides in the hotel, but I've grabbed a few beers there. The atmosphere is relaxed, and it's a nice place to unwind with some other guests before being sequestered to your room.

My room was really nice. I little two room suite- it has enough room that you can hang out in the living area without always being in your sleeping area. It's a nice separation. There are 2 flat panel TVs so you are able to watch shows and movies no matter where you are in your room.

The bathroom- often a topic that isn't discussed- is great. I forget how awesome a hot shower with good water pressure really is. This isn't a double vanity bathroom, but there's room enough that you shouldn't have to fight over counter space with whoever you're staying with.

In addition to having nice facilities- which included a pool and a gym- neither of which I used, the staff was friendly without appearing fake. That's a big plus in my book.

This hotel was my choice- management had a different preference on where I'd stay. I picked this battle, and won- and I'm glad I did. Whether I come back to this area of Michigan for work, or for leisure, I will be making a return trip here.

Wait! One very slight negative on this hotel is the laundry facilities. If you aren't here long enough to need to do laundry, this will be a non issue, but there is only one washer and one dryer for the hotel guests. Slight foible on an overall great stay.

Room Tip: They do have some pretty swanky suites with jacuzzis and dining rooms- if they aren't booked, yo...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Wow, what a review! I appreciate you taking the time to write such a detailed overview of your stay. Reviews like this are a big help to our future guests, and the employees love to read that they are appreciated by travelers such as yourself. I was glad to hear you battled with management to stay where you wanted - if your company does not have a corporate rate with us, we will absolutely work with you in setting one up. In addition to the USA Today, we also offer morning delivery of a Japanese language newspaper. Thanks again for the wonderful review! Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 29, 2012

My stay at this hotel was repeatedly extended and in every instance I was hospitably and professionally taken care of. I can highly recommend this property for short and/or extended stays. The management and the entire staff are all attentive and extremely pleasant to deal with any day, or hour. Breakfast, lunch, or dinner, hot or on the run, I found the food exceptional, as well as, the service, and reasonably priced.The room was kept very clean with daily service, and the hotel is fully equipped for both business needs, and for comfort. A shuttle service is but one of several amenities; such as a gym, and a washer and dryer for your immediate convenience. I would gladly stay here again. Thank you to Mgr. Erik Vance, and to everyone at the Holiday Inn & Suites/Farmington Hills.

Room Tip: "The fourth floor was extremely quiet and non-smoking".
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Erik V, Manager at Holiday Inn Farmington Hills/Novi, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

'Exceptional Experience' is what we strive to deliver with every single guest who stays here at the hotel. Thank you for the kind review, and letting us know what meant the most to you during your stay. We try to cover all the needs of our guests, but if there is something special you need during your time away from home, please let us know and we will do our absolute best to make it happen. We hope when your travels bring you to the area, you'll think of us again. Thank you so much!

Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel on many occasions several years ago. My job changed to a different region so this was my first visit in long time. I needed to work a trade show nearby so I arranged to revisit this hotel and recommended a colleague to do the same. We were both pleased. This hotel and staff exceeded my expectations. All three nights here were as good as it gets. I would agree with others with the names mentioned here that they really make you feel appreciated and welcome. We enjoyed the Red Lion and breakfast. Something I found out here at Trip Advisor is how the Manager, Erik Vance takes the time to respond to the reviews both good and bad. That confirms to me how much they do care. I look for hotels with staff like they have here in Farmington Hills for my repeat business. Great job one and all!

• Stayed: October 2012
Erik V, Manager at Holiday Inn Farmington Hills/Novi, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review about your stay. It means a lot to us to have repeat guests such as yourself. I also want to thank you for recommending us to your colleague. It helps to get a positive recommendation from someone you know on where to stay, and makes you look good when everything goes smoothly. When you are ready to return to the area, we'll be here to take care of everything again. Thank you for your business, and leaving us the kind review!

Reviewed October 23, 2012

Have stayed at this hotel three different time and every time I stay the rooms are nice and clean the staff is always nice and happy to see you the bartender/waitress Ingrid always has a smile on her face and is very friendly

• Stayed: October 2012
Erik V, Manager at Holiday Inn Farmington Hills/Novi, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2012

Thank you for the kind review. I will be sure to share it with the staff here at the hotel, they absolutely love reading these reviews! I also want to thank you for choosing us on 3 different occasions. It means a lot to us to see the same faces again and again. It allows us to build a relationship and deliver better service to you. We hope you'll come visit us again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Farmington Hills
Fairfield Inn & Suites Detroit Farmington Hills
Fairfield Inn & Suites Detroit F...
#1 of 13 in Farmington Hills
Radisson Hotel Detroit-Farmington Hills
Radisson Hotel Detroit-Farmingto...
#3 of 13 in Farmington Hills
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Detroit Farmington Hills
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Detro...
#2 of 13 in Farmington Hills
3 mi away
Courtyard by Marriott Detroit Farmington
Courtyard by Marriott Detroit Fa...
#6 of 13 in Farmington Hills
Red Roof Inn Farmington Hills
Red Roof Inn Farmington Hills
#8 of 13 in Farmington Hills
Sheraton Detroit Novi

Been to Holiday Inn Farmington Hills/Novi? Share your experiences!