“"Exceptional Experience"”

Holiday Inn Farmington Hills/Novi
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Farmington Hills
Reviewed October 29, 2012

My stay at this hotel was repeatedly extended and in every instance I was hospitably and professionally taken care of. I can highly recommend this property for short and/or extended stays. The management and the entire staff are all attentive and extremely pleasant to deal with any day, or hour. Breakfast, lunch, or dinner, hot or on the run, I found the food exceptional, as well as, the service, and reasonably priced.The room was kept very clean with daily service, and the hotel is fully equipped for both business needs, and for comfort. A shuttle service is but one of several amenities; such as a gym, and a washer and dryer for your immediate convenience. I would gladly stay here again. Thank you to Mgr. Erik Vance, and to everyone at the Holiday Inn & Suites/Farmington Hills.

Room Tip: "The fourth floor was extremely quiet and non-smoking".
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Erik V, Manager at Holiday Inn Farmington Hills/Novi, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

'Exceptional Experience' is what we strive to deliver with every single guest who stays here at the hotel. Thank you for the kind review, and letting us know what meant the most to you during your stay. We try to cover all the needs of our guests, but if there is something special you need during your time away from home, please let us know and we will do our absolute best to make it happen. We hope when your travels bring you to the area, you'll think of us again. Thank you so much!

Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel on many occasions several years ago. My job changed to a different region so this was my first visit in long time. I needed to work a trade show nearby so I arranged to revisit this hotel and recommended a colleague to do the same. We were both pleased. This hotel and staff exceeded my expectations. All three nights here were as good as it gets. I would agree with others with the names mentioned here that they really make you feel appreciated and welcome. We enjoyed the Red Lion and breakfast. Something I found out here at Trip Advisor is how the Manager, Erik Vance takes the time to respond to the reviews both good and bad. That confirms to me how much they do care. I look for hotels with staff like they have here in Farmington Hills for my repeat business. Great job one and all!

• Stayed: October 2012
Erik V, Manager at Holiday Inn Farmington Hills/Novi, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review about your stay. It means a lot to us to have repeat guests such as yourself. I also want to thank you for recommending us to your colleague. It helps to get a positive recommendation from someone you know on where to stay, and makes you look good when everything goes smoothly. When you are ready to return to the area, we'll be here to take care of everything again. Thank you for your business, and leaving us the kind review!

Reviewed October 23, 2012

Have stayed at this hotel three different time and every time I stay the rooms are nice and clean the staff is always nice and happy to see you the bartender/waitress Ingrid always has a smile on her face and is very friendly

• Stayed: October 2012
Erik V, Manager at Holiday Inn Farmington Hills/Novi, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2012

Thank you for the kind review. I will be sure to share it with the staff here at the hotel, they absolutely love reading these reviews! I also want to thank you for choosing us on 3 different occasions. It means a lot to us to see the same faces again and again. It allows us to build a relationship and deliver better service to you. We hope you'll come visit us again soon!

Reviewed October 12, 2012

I stay at Holiday Inn for business and pleasure, this is one of the nicest I have stayed at. Very friendly staff, very clean and well appointed suites. I stay at this hotel when I have business or pleasure in the Detroit area - very close to everything but yet calm and quiet. No free breakfast but kids eat free for the family minded. Pet friendly which I have used and they are very gracious. Good stuff - I wish the one I spend a lot of time at in Ohio was this nice... sorry guys :-) (I do get free breakfast there)

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Erik V, Manager at Holiday Inn Farmington Hills/Novi, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review, everyone at the hotel appreciates reading how their work impacts the guests. It's a great motivator for everyone here! If you are traveling on business to the hotel, just let the front desk staff know the name of the company you're traveling with, and they will provide you with a free breakfast voucher for each morning of your stay. Thanks again for staying with us! Look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed September 21, 2012

The Holiday Inn & Suites in Farmington Hills has been my de facto home when I travel to the metro Detroit area for work for the past five years.

The staff, from the Front Desk, Bar Staff and the Breakfast Area take their time to be personable and polite.

Ingrid always has a smile on her face and runs a terrific bar/restaurant- the Red Lion. The burger is outstanding and there is a good variety of bottled beer. The Manager's Reception in the bar on Tuesday and Wednesday is a great way to interact with other patron's of the hotel.

Christina, Simon and Danielle at the Front Desk are very personable and always make sure that I have a room - even at the last minute and go out of their way to accommodate any special requests.

One of my favorite things about staying at the Holiday Inn & Suites is the breakfast. Tasha makes sure that she greets the guests in the morning and remembers what I want to eat and drink each morning. Sam, in the kitchen, makes the best egg-white omelet in the league.

This hotel is not the closest to my office, but it is worth the trip because the staff makes this hotel feel like a second home.
Room Tip: The new kitchenette rooms are awesome!

Room Tip: New kitchenette rooms are awesome.
1  Thank Jason T
Erik V, Manager at Holiday Inn Farmington Hills/Novi, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

I'd like to start off by saying thank you for the review! We all lead busy lives these days and taking the time to sit down and leave our hotel and staff a wonderful review like that is appreciated so much. Each of of us here at the hotel works very hard to provide every guest the type of experience you've had while staying with us over the years. I know that when I let each employee who you've mentioned in your review know that they were personally thanked it will bring a smile to their faces. I'm grateful to my entire staff for getting to know you on a personal level and I know that they will continue to do whatever they can to make each visit of yours a positive experience. When I say thank you, please know that it comes from all of us here at the hotel. Thank you!

Reviewed September 20, 2012

I was very pleased to stay at the Holiday Inn & Suites here in Farmington Hills/Novi. The assistant GM Erik was very polite and helpful with telling me of the local attractions including restaurants, bars, & golf courses. The hotel offered free transportation within a 5 mile distance; Simon was pleased to drop me off and pick me up before 10 pm on several occasions. The hotel had a small bar area with a fun and happy bartender named Ingrid who was pleased to see you each time. I will recommend anyone in business and pleasure to stay at this hotel for accommodation. The rooms were spacious with a living room and bedroom, 2 flat screen tvs, microwave, & refrigerator. .

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Thank you very much for the kind review! It's our pleasure to do whatever we can to make your stay with us a memorable one. I also want to thank you for mentioning the employees by name who you dealt with during your stay. We like to connect with our guests on a personal level and the fact that you remembered their names tells me a lot about how you were treated, and I will be thanking each of those employees personally for the great service they provided. Once again, thank you for taking the time to leave our hotel, and employees a review. We appreciate it greatly. Hope you visit us again soon!

Reviewed September 13, 2012

Anyone who has stayed at a Holiday Inn Express will know you get a semi-decent breakfast buffet included. It is not true of this non-express location. I was surprised to see a "please wait to be seated" sign at the entrance to the breakfast area. It was $9.95 for a hot breakfast and $6.95 for a continental. I have no problem with this, because I can drive down the road to get a better breakfast (and cheaper) somewhere else. What really bugs me is that the front desk should make this clear at CHECK IN. Then to be rudely told it was not included the next morning was too much.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Erik V, Manager at Holiday Inn Farmington Hills/Novi, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2012

I want to first thank you for taking the time to review your experience here at the hotel, despite it being less than stellar. As you mentioned, any stay at a Holiday Inn Express entitles you to a free breakfast buffet. Since we are a full service hotel, unfortunately this is not included with all rates. However, because you were traveling for business, you would have been entitled to this without question. I'm very sorry that the front desk failed to inform you at the time of check in, they absolutely should have done this. Had they qualified the nature of your stay, business vs leisure, you would have received your breakfast vouchers along with your room keys. They also could have given you the proper corporate room rate. I'd really like the opportunity to have you back to the hotel and change your perception of how we operate. You can contact me outside of TripAdvisor and I can give you more information. Thank you.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Farmington Hills
Fairfield Inn & Suites Detroit Farmington Hills
Fairfield Inn & Suites Detroit F...
#1 of 13 in Farmington Hills
Radisson Hotel Detroit-Farmington Hills
Radisson Hotel Detroit-Farmingto...
#3 of 13 in Farmington Hills
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Detroit Farmington Hills
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Detro...
#2 of 13 in Farmington Hills
3 mi away
Courtyard by Marriott Detroit Farmington
Courtyard by Marriott Detroit Fa...
#6 of 13 in Farmington Hills
Red Roof Inn Farmington Hills
Red Roof Inn Farmington Hills
#8 of 13 in Farmington Hills
Sheraton Detroit Novi

Been to Holiday Inn Farmington Hills/Novi? Share your experiences!