“Not bad at all”

Holiday Inn Farmington Hills/Novi
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Farmington Hills
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Stayed three nights while visiting friends in the area. Suite was very comfortable and it was nice having the separate area where the kids could sleep. No problems whatsoever with noise or other guests. Breakfast was way overpriced for the selection but ok in a pinch. Didn't eat at the onsite restaurant. Staff were great.... very attentive and friendly. Pool was smaller than expected but never crowded so it was fine. Would stay again!

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank EGR-CEB
Erik V, Manager at Holiday Inn Farmington Hills/Novi, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us recently. It not only lets us know what we are doing right (and sometimes wrong), but also helps future guests make an informed decision about where to stay when they come to the area. It's our pleasure to make you feel as comfortable as possible when staying away from home, and we are glad you had a pleasant stay. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed August 14, 2012

Stayed here Aug 10/11. Not pleased at all. Rooms on the shabby side. A makeover desperately needed. Staff nice and friendly. Had a very unpleasant sleepless night when other guests roamed the halls all night like a pack of wolves. Not sure why night shift staff did not intervene and call police. Police not called until morning when a guest complained about threats made. We did not feel safe at all and didn't leave our room until police were onsite. They did comp us breakfast for the ordeal but that didn't erase the lack of safety issue.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Erik V, Manager at Holiday Inn Farmington Hills/Novi, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2012

I'd like to start off by saying thank you for taking the time to leave our hotel a review of your visit. It's important to us that we hear from our guests so that we can improve what we do. What you experienced is not how we conduct ourselves day to day, and I want you to know that we have taken your review very seriously. We have gone forward and made changes to our staff & security procedures in direct response to how your visit unfolded throughout that night. Our guests safety and security is the most important thing to the staff at the Holiday Inn Farmington Hills. We simply will not allow an event such as yours to occur again, and I'm deeply sorry that you experienced a stay like that with our hotel. Please contact us directly at the hotel if you wish to speak further about your visit, we will be more than happy to address all of your concerns.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

This hotel was very clean, the staff was very helpfull in all areas,the breakfast was second to none,the area around the hotel is very safe and lots of places to eat. I would recommend this hotel. The hotel has a bar and restaurant the food is great, They have pool, hot tub,work out room

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 8, 2012

I was working in Livonia, Mi and staying at the Holiday Inn and Suites in Farmington Hills, MI when I became very ill during my work day. I needed to locate an Urgent Care center between my work location and the hotel so I called the hotel's front desk for help. In no time at all, Terry Kay, the manager, provided an address and offered me her personal cell phone number in the event I needed more assistance. My visit to Urgent Care resulted in admittance to the hospital. The following morning, I contacted Terry K to update her and to authorize the removal of my personal items from the room. Not only did she personally take care of this, I received a bouquet of "Get Well" flowers during my hospital stay from Terry, Sherry,Tony, Ingrid, Debra, Tasha, Shaun, Greg, Christina, Danielle, Simon, Ferris, Eric (to name a few of the HI staff.). When I returned to the hotel for a recuperative overnight stay (before making the trip home), the hotel staff received me sincere kindness. What a wonderful experience to receive so much care and assistance, especially being 250 miles away from my family and friends. I definitely recommend this hotel and the beautiful "family" that comes with it. Su G, Indiana

Room Tip: The floorplan of the standard rooms are great! Also available are brand new kitchenettes for folks...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Su G
Reviewed June 21, 2012

My husband and I needed a quick place to stay and this hotel is right around the corner from us. It was a last minute thing so we didn't know what to expect but we were greatly surprised. The rooms were really nice and clean. Bathroom had marble sinks and was spacious. The breakfast was an awesome add on as well. All this for a decent price. We even suggested this hotel to my family that came in town recently from Memphis. They were satisfied too.

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank willswifey
Reviewed June 13, 2012

This hotel was very clean and comfortable. The staff was very friendly. If you need a hotel to stay around the Detroit area this is one to consider.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 29, 2012

We book our stay through a travel agency for a soccer tournament on this past Memorial DAy weekend. It was 6 of us staying in one room and I was given a one King Bed with a pull out couch that on their desk and everywhere else said it accomadates max of 4. When i went to see if i could switch to a 2 double bed room the Manager said we couln't because all rooms had been assigned and that they do not guarantee 2 beds even though that was what i requested. I tried to cancel but she said i would have to pay for one night stay, i argued the fact that they were breaking their own policy by allowing a 6people on a max 4 room if we stayed!! Luckily, one of my son's teammate and his mom arrived after we did and were told they were assigned a 2 double bed room they switch with us. Now, does that make sense, we arrived at least 2 hours before they did, why couldn't they look thru their list and see that there were other rooms with only 2 people staying, they were not the only ones that had less than 4 in a room!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Farmington Hills
Fairfield Inn & Suites Detroit Farmington Hills
Fairfield Inn & Suites Detroit F...
#1 of 13 in Farmington Hills
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Detroit Farmington Hills
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Detro...
#2 of 13 in Farmington Hills
Sheraton Detroit Novi
Comfort Inn Farmington Hills
Comfort Inn Farmington Hills
#6 of 13 in Farmington Hills

Been to Holiday Inn Farmington Hills/Novi? Share your experiences!