“Best Thai restaurant on the Orchard Lake Rd corridor”
Review of Bangkok Sala Cafe

Bangkok Sala Cafe
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed April 25, 2013

We have been going to Bangkok Sala for several years and can't understand why it isn't busier. We periodically try one of the others within a few miles, but always return. Food is slightly inconsistent, but ranges from pretty good to excellent. Likewise for service -- usually basic, but friendly. (Better than many of its competitors.) Spicing levels are fairly accurate. Definitely worth a visit.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

I had sworn off Thai food completely after a terrible meal at another local place (with Siam in the name). I finally agreed to try it again after my husband's urging, this time doing some research in advance. Bangkok Sala Cafe was a revelation -- I can't wait to go back! There were only two other diners on a quiet Monday night. I ordered the Sinn Pak Delight and was very impressed: lots of tender shrimp, a nice assortment of fresh vegetables that retained their character, and a brown sauce that was light and delicious. The Mild+ spice level had gentle warmth. My husband had Gang Gai with Thai red curry sauce, with loads of intricate flavors. The restaurant is only 10 minutes from our home, and I'm sorry I didn't go before. With good food, a wide-ranging menu, pleasant service and modest pricing, I will be a regular from now on!

Reviewed February 9, 2012

Bangkok Sala cafe is a nice quiet place for a peaceful dinner for the family. The food is great I love the pad ped curry with beef!

Reviewed January 13, 2012

Like many great restaurants, you need to go early at lunch to make sure you get a table. Service and atmosphere are nothing special. However, the food is superb. I have had three different dishes here, and all three were freshly prepared (and did not seem to be "assumbled" from partially cooked ingredients), spiced as requested, and served in ample portions. Recommend: cashew chicken and pad ga prow.
Lunch menu is in the $8-10 range for most entrees; includes soup and chips on table.