“authentic south indian in a simple setting”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Udipi Vegetarian Rest - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Udipi Vegetarian Rest
Cuisines: Indian
Long Island City, New York
“authentic south indian in a simple setting”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2008

Only 2 couples out of 20 were not Indian on a September Saturday night (and we were one of the 2) set our expectation for authentic South Indian food high and we were not disappointed.

A mixed vegetable curry and a chick pea curry were both good. The nan was ample and a gobi paratha was very good. The setting is very simple and the service is basic, but then again the prices are inexpensive.

Highly recommended, but expect a simple pleasant experience where the waiters may not be able to explain all the dishes to the gringos.

2 Thank bd_bd_bd

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“My new favorite Indian restaurant. Everything that I have had on the menu is exceptional. I would recommend the Mango...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2008

My new favorite Indian restaurant. Everything that I have had on the menu is exceptional. I would recommend the Mango lassi (shake) with your meal.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook