“mmmm mmm knife&fork pot roast”

Mayberry's Family Restaurant
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
canton mi
“mmmm mmm knife&fork pot roast”
Reviewed February 24, 2010

i went into mayberrys one day i wanted to try something different i asked the manager i beleive his name was tim about something new he mentioned he just took out of the oven fresh knife&fork pot roast i said ok ill try it. ohhhhhh myyyyyyy it was the most tender pot roast ive ever had with fresh mash & green beans ,the homemade gravy was sooooo delicious he checked back and asked how everything was and i told him it was great and i would have it again i cant wait to tell all my friends

5 Thank sweetangel120310

Columbus, Ohio
“Very Good food... Extremely Large & Varied Menu. Great Choice”
Reviewed November 8, 2009

We ate here on our overnight in this area because of the reviews it received on Trip Advisor. It was a little out of our way (10 miles from our hotel) but was well worth it.

This appears to be a little mom and pop diner operation. The atmosphere has memoribillia from the Andy Griffith Show. Even though it was 6:00 p.m. on a Saturday night, there was no wait for a table.

After we were seated a young man offered us coffee and when we declined, it was several mintues before a waiter came for a drink order. After that little wait, we never had to wait long for anything. Our waiter was efficient and kept our drinks filled.

The hardest part was making a choice for what to eat. The menu is quite long and varied with lots of mouth watering choices. My wife ordered fish and chips (fries) and I ordered the Prime Rib.

It started with a large salad that was mostly lettuce and carrots with lots of onions. The main course came and I found my prime rib to be one of those prime rib steaks that are grilled. I am not overly fond of that, but this one was excellent! Great flavor and not dry. I made a good choice. Real mashed potatoes were my side. The gravy on the potatoes was extremely hot and kept the potatoes warm during my entire meal.

My wife's fish and chips was huge. She only ate half the fish since the portion was so large. Again, it was served extremely hot and she had to wait for it too cool. (not a complaint on that btw, just an observation.)

Then came the next hardest part... choosing dessert.... another large selection to choose from. Lots of choices made with ice cream. Both of our selections were once again large and very good. (and served quickly!)

Our bill was extremely reasonable...about $25 for two of us with dessert.

The only negative that I can point out was the smoking. Being from Ohio, where smoking in bars and restaurants has been made illegal, it was different to be asked "smoking or non smoking" once again. Even though we were in the non-smoking section, the restaurant had a smokey air about it and we had to go through the smoking section to get to the non smoking section. Again, this is not a major issue for most and I have not dropped my rating of this restaurant as a result.

I really enjoyed Mayberry's and will definately have to return here again to try some of the other things on the long menu. I reccommend this restaurant!

4 Thank JECOhio
Farmington hills
“mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmm”
Reviewed September 4, 2009

Darn good fixin's, The whole experience there is heaven. They are part of our family since we moved to the area.

3 Thank cabnmaster32
Farmington Hills,Mi
“Great Hot Pot Roast Sandwich”
Reviewed July 31, 2009

Was in the mood for a Hot Roast beef sandwich so I called around
the area. Nobody really had one except Mayberry's. Was astounded
by how good it was. Can't wait to try other things on the menu.

3 Thank Davis_9
farmington hills
“great place”
Reviewed June 30, 2008

great food - great service - very friendly staff!!!!!!!!!!! will go again!!!

2 Thank mnzagumny