“Not the Typical Rib Joint!”
Review of Bone Yard Barbecue

Bone Yard Barbecue
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed November 10, 2013

First let me caveat this review by saying I dine all over the world so this was an interesting experience. The Bone Yard was close to were I was staying so being a BBQ guy I had to try it out. Also the Tigers were playing in the Red Sox in the AL finals and I needed a place to dine where I could check out the game. Upon entering I went straight to the bar. The bartender/server gave me a menu while I ordered a glass of house white wine. After reviewing the menu, I noticed the staff was not the normal BBQ bunch. After talking to the bartender and listening to the other patrons at the bar I realized these were people of Eastern European decent. I recognized this because I spent time in those areas. So now I am wondering what kind of food will I get since I don't remember any BBQ joints in Eastern Europe, LOL. I ordered the typical ribs, coleslaw and other sides. And let me tell you the food was good, who knew! I had a very pleasant dining experience eating ribs, watching the baseball game and chatting with the other bar patrons. We hit it off so well they bought me drinks! I cant say if others will have the same experience but it was a pleasant positive surprise. Recommended!

Reviewed October 10, 2013

BBQ can be one of those things where everyone has a style and taste of their own, but for me this place is simply okay. The ribs are okay, but I always expect chew it off the bone ribs from the Bone Yard so if you like tender, fall off the boane ribs this place will not satisfy you. The chicken however is good and my preferred part of a combo meal here. The garlic bread and potato here is in good portion and the slaw is okay. The various locations are nothing special inside, often leaving some attention needed to floors and parking lot, and usually I find the restrooms need attention too. I don't hate the food here, but I don't love it either. Most of the time I go there with a group for lunch from work or friends for a family style rib dinner special consisting of ribs, chicken, salad, potato, and garlic bread. My company at the table is usually better than my experience with the restaurant.

Reviewed December 15, 2012

The first time I came here, I tohugh oh no a greasy dive! Okay it is a greasy food place but what, awesome grease it , is.

The place is very poor on atompshere But awesome of Food and prices!

The best food ever if you love ribs and chicken with, huge huge portions and very good and good service this is the place ot eat :) I would not , eat here every day you would be , a thousand pounds! gosh it is good!

A huge slab of ribs and fixings will cost only around 16 dollars :) Awesome huh :)

3  Thank gardenspook
Reviewed November 20, 2012

They have homemade potato chips, thought it strange to have them with ribs, but they went perfectly. Had one meal there, other one next day to go. Both were great.

4  Thank kayak4ever
Reviewed August 6, 2012

I love the Boneyard Special for a dinner takeout. Comes with potatoes, 5 or 6 ribs, cole slaw and a giant piece of Garlic Bread. All served in a cardboard box. Delicious!!!!

5  Thank ferggzilla