“new location 32729 Northwestern Hwy”
Review of Morels - CLOSED

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Northwestern Highway & 14 Mile Rd
Description: this is a Matt Prentice restaurant
MI
“new location 32729 Northwestern Hwy”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

We had a small party last weekend. The food and service were impeccable.
Best dishes to try: mushroom sampler & clams. The chef really impressed me with how different menu was and everything was done just right.
Cocktails and wine were ok. Stuff service was great: decantering the wine, re-rolling the napkins during course change.
Outdoor patio also added the nice touch.
I loved the decoration and the style of the building.
Definitely would come back again.
PS The restaurant is pricy & more suited for romantic dinner or friends get together.

• Visited June 2013

Michigan
“Multiple visits, each one excellent”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We have been there 4 times now and each one was excellent service and food. It is pricey, but the food was so good we truly thought worth it and we are pretty careful with our money as a family on one income. We have had multiple menu items, but the mushroom sampler and the macaroni and cheese are our favorites. The best entree so far has been the chicken dumplings on the fall/winter Pre Fixe menu was honestly the best meal I've ever had at a restaurant. As for dessert, both the pot au crème and creme brulee were just heaven. I noticed one reviewer complained that it wasn't kid friendly - I would likely agree (at least for small kids), but frankly food this good I would prefer to take my time and really enjoy without my kids - and yes I love my kids very much. We will be going back, again and again.

• Visited February 2013
Farmington Hills, Michigan
“A great dining experience!”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Morels is the kind of restaurant that offers customers more than just great food. The service and ambiance are also really good. It's great for a special occasion, as the price is a little high... otherwise I would go there more often!!

• Visited January 2013
Detroit, Michigan
“Not worth what you pay...”
Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

The service was slow, my food came cold my wife had to send hers back. Ravioli was horrible and bland no taste at all not very kid friendly. Had to keep asking for refill on drink, ordered a steak and had to ask for steak sauce and could not get steak cooked the way I wanted it. Too costly and not at all worth it $$$$$

Livonia, Michigan
“Just a little disappointed”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

The mushroom soup was worth returning for. Our main courses and appetizers were OK to very good. The decor is very nice, service excellent. Definitely worth another try.

• Visited March 2013