“Good food but nothing special”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Alfoccino

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Alfoccino
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food but nothing special”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Decor needs to be updated. The salads & pastas we ordered were good, portions were huge and prices were too! The service was good. Also never been to a place that did not have any beers on tap. I really think this place could use some updating, smaller portions and a slightly lower price and this would be much better place, otherwise I don t know how this place will survive.

• Visited August 2012

Farmington Hills, Michigan
“Way overpriced”
Reviewed May 20, 2012

I don't know how this place has stayed in business for so long. Maybe it's the ridiculously high prices they charge for "Italian" food you could get at a Big Boy or Coney Island. Staff & service were about the same as Big Boy, too. Actually they were worse - we had to flag down a waitress and ask her to take our order, even though the hostess seated us in a visible area & the place wasn't busy.

I had a coupon but it still wasn't worth the price. I would never return, even though it's very close to my home.

• Visited June 2011
Michigan
“Horrible, Horrible, Horrible”
Reviewed April 7, 2012

I don't know where to start with this place. My wife and I were originally going to head to Antonio's, but when we called there was a 50 minute wait. So we decided to try Alfoccino's.
When we first walked in, the "front" room looked a mess..... It's like they put WAY too many booths in that room to maximize the number of customers... well it looks horrible, and not a comfortable place to eat.
We waited for a booth on the other side of the restaurant, which was about 10 minutes, not too bad of a wait.
When we sat down, it literally took 10 minutes for anyone to come by and take our drink orders. The place was busy, but there were plenty of employees there, many of which were just standing at the front of the restaurant, not doing a thing!
I ordered a glass of wine, my wife a coke. It took about 5 more minutes to receive our drinks. At this point we were very annoyed, but decided to stick through it.
We placed our orders; I ordered the chicken marsala, and my wife the egglant parmigian, and both of our meals came with spaghetti noodles with their sauce. The portions of the pasta that were not covered in sauce, were a dead giveaway that our meals had been sitting under the heat lamps for at least 5-10 minutes. It had the discoloration and "toughness" to them. The food was nothing to write home about, but we did eat it. Although we asked our waiter for more Coke for my wife, more water for me, and parmigian cheese for the pasta. Needless to say, none of these ever came from our waiter, and we didn't see him again, until the check came.
If he would have brought us the cheese, I probably would have ordered another glass of wine, but we never had that chance.
This place was a waste of a $55 meal, and I will NEVER come back to this place.
Someone needs to learn how to run a restaurant, and I have no clue how this place is still in business.

• Visited April 2012