I travel 5-10 times per month on business and the nature of my work demands that I am rested and ready to represent my disabled clients in front of a judge the next day. Other than a noisy guest that was quickly shut down by management, the stay was very very pleasant. The bed was nicely made and very very very comfortable. The bathroom was clean and the shower hot with good water pressure. Kitchen very functional with all the basics to cook small meals. The carpet and flooring in the bedroom and kitchen areas appear new and look nice. The AC and Heat system works well, not to mention fairly quiet compared to most hotel AC units. Average on the cable selection, but nice TV and the room had a DVD/ VCR player. Very very very clean room. Furniture was not brand new but not worn and shabby, either as with many affordable extended stay hotels. No stains and very clean scent in the room. Lots of cabinet and closet space. Highway side of the hotel is a little noisy with traffic but for me a quiet TV or mp3 player and I was fine. Nothing fancy but above average and this is going to be one of my top choices when I am in the area. I have only one small complaint. No hot breakfast. For me, even in an extended stay hotel, I like to sit down to eggs that someone else had to cook and watch the news. This hotel offers a few choices of muffins, which were very yummy, btw, granola bars, juice, and coffee. If you need a hot breakfast better to stop at Trader Joes nearby and grab some easy breakfast foods to cook up. No big deal for my last stay in a Hawthorne was not a good experience, at all. 5-Star staff, at this hotel! The front desk ladies in the morning were pleasant and even before my stay had called to confirm my requests for items in my room. Evening shift, James and Chris, were exceptionally awesome. Both accommodated my needs for extra coffee and pillows. Both were very pleasant and professional at all times and it is obvious they take pride in a well run hotel and the processes and hard work that it requires. James introduced me to the Wyndham rewards program of which I am now a member. I also understand the hotel is planning a renovation and redecorating of the rooms soon so good should get better! Thanks Farmington Wyndham for a positive experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come and experience our newly renovated hotel.Business and leisure travelers alike will find our hotel designed with fully equipped kitchens, free guest laundry facilities, fitness center, free high-speed Internet, generous work area and recliners to be just like home after a long day of business or fun. Our friendly staff is always welcoming and believes in service with a smile! Conveniently located near corporate offices including Nissan, Bosch, Ryder, Amerisure, Calsonics, Alcoa, ITC, Allstate, Hewlett Packard, MI CAT as well as many others. Shopping and restaurants are all within a mile radius of the hotel. Nearby expressways allow for quick access to many destinations including Suburban Collection Showplace Novi and other locations of interest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Detroit Farmington Hills reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites Detroit - Farmington Hills Hotel Farmington Hills
- Candlewood Suites Farmington Hills
- Candlewood Farmington Hills
- Farmington Hills Candlewood Suites