“Excellent for All Ages”

Highland, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Excellent for All Ages”
Reviewed August 1, 2014

I have gone to Marvin's for years, bringing my nephews, foster kids and now my own kids. I don't believe you'll find anything else like it in the region. Is it cramped, somewhat crowded (from time to time) and a little dingy? Yes, it is; however, that just adds to the character of the place, in my opinion. If you want to experience the development of gaming technology from the late 1800's to today, there's no better place that I know of. You don't have to spend a dime to enjoy yourself there. You could just stare at the walls and ceiling for a couple hours and find something new every time you walk through. There are also coin operated rides for toddlers and young children. I can't say enough good things about it.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Ricky W

Farmington Hills, Michigan
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Unique Hole in the Wall”
Reviewed July 29, 2014

I've always loved arcades, and my mom used to take me here during summer vacation when I was a kid. Marvin is often there, and you can talk to him about his experiences collecting arcade games over the years. You'll find everything from the latest DDR game to classic Skeeball and even older still, entertainment arcade machines from the 1920s and other eras. There is always something new when I go, but I can also count on some favorite staples too. There is always a row of pinball machines available as well as some classic candy collecting machines. It's cramped and crowded, and even though food is sold there, there isn't much room to eat, but somehow it's still really cool. My husband and I go back every now and again for a fun date. As far as prizes go, it's mostly candy and useless items, unlike some larger arcades that award you video game consoles for a ton of tickets. Going here isn't about the prizes though. They also have birthday parties for kids here.

Visited August 2013
Farmington Hills, Michigan
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“best place ever to spend quarters”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

I took my octogenarian Dad here for Father's Day on a groupon. He had never been here, and was just amazed. As much as he liked all the machines and toys, he loved all the stuff on the walls and ceilings, and meeting Marvin Yagoda. Yes, a few machines ate a few quarters, but the staff cheerfully gave us new ones to try in other places. My dad liked the stereo-optic pictures, and the Rube Goldberg type flying machine (only $.25!) and I played the Whack a Mole type thing. We ate popcorn and drank cherry coke and Dad had a memorable day. (me, too)

Visited July 2014
Oxford, Michigan
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“A step back in time”
Reviewed July 27, 2014

Had it not been for a Living Social deal, I would never have known about this place. It was strange, weird, interesting, fun, and I loved it! It's pretty cramped, but it has so many antique machines as well as some new ones. My 2 teens, 13 and 15 both enjoyed it. We all loved the pinball machines. A couple of the machines took the coins without allowing play, but all we did was let them know and they gladly gave us the quarters back. They're older machines so it's excepted that sometimes they're not going to be 100%. The old banners on the wall were great. A lot of history there. The owner was really nice, talking with everyone. We would go back again, just for the antique pinball machines, the modern ones too!

Visited June 2014
Beverly Hills, Michigan
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Crazy throw back museum”
Reviewed July 25, 2014

Fun for kids, its a tad dirty and dusty but I think that is what gives its charm. The kids had a great time and it was the most entertaining 20 bucks we have spent in a long time!

Visited February 2014