“Junkie” 1 of 5 bubbles

18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Junkie”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2012

Lots of ways to waste money but not many of the old time favorites. Plus it isn't particularly clean and very difficult to find.

1 Thank tenormary2

Royal Oak, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 101 helpful votes
“FUN FOR ALL AGES!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2012

Marvin Yagoda is the owner and bless him for providing a fun place for all ages...vintage coin-op carnival and arcade games to modern present day games - you can't ask for much more- it's like a museum and anyone from any age group would love this place!

2 Thank vudubabz
Tucson, Arizona
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Eclectic, unusual, off the beaten path, waaaay cool!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2012

My brother cooked up this event for our family to do a couple of days after Christmas, while I was in town visiting. He didn't tell us where we were going before we got there, so it was quite an experience to even walk into this place. It took me a minute to absorb even part of all there was to see! Some of the most unique and unusual attractions you'll ever see are at Marvelous Marvin's. Some of the coolest coin-operated entertainment you'll ever see! The only reason I didn't give this place 5 stars is because a fairly high percentage, I'd say 15-20%, of the arcades didn't function properly. And it just seemed like too much hassle to get that quarter back. But some of them, like the vomit machine, would have been GREAT to see in action. They have a snack bar and it's actually fairly decent fare, although I was a little skeptical when I first saw it. Not an extensive menu but the prices weren't bad (as a note I'd recommend the hot dog or pizza over the chicken nuggets). Back to the essence of Marvin's, we spent a couple of hours there on a snowy day and it was FASCINATING to see these historical pieces and just to see everything this guy has collected from all over the world. Though it's not a big place, I'm quite sure I did not see everything and would enjoy going again. If you're into irreverent, offbeat humor, you would probably enjoy the heck out of this place.

Visited December 2011
1 Thank maznblu4ever
Michigan
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Old and new”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2012

Just another arcade until you bump into the working antiques. Several arcade games from the 1920s and 1930s, a few older.

19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Eccentric and FUN!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2012

Weird and exciting, small but jam packed with interesting things for a half an hour to 45 minutes.