“Inexpensive, good Mexican food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of El Patio

Ranked #28 of 77 Restaurants in Farmington
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Chicago
“Inexpensive, good Mexican food.”
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Co-workers who come here frequently brought me here for lunch (I am from out of town). The food is good, service was quick & price is inexpensive. The taco salad was very good & the lunch special #7 was a popular choice by the 'regulars'. It's in a strip mall & the atmosphere is basic.

1 Thank E A

Farmington
“great food”
Reviewed June 14, 2012

fresh food well prepared cost friendly..staff is very good..chips and salsa are well done.Menu is well laid out and the drinks are prepared like i make them at home..good prices also. Good selection of beers.

Visited June 2012
Detroit, Michigan
“El Patio Serves Up Average Mexican”
Reviewed March 24, 2012

We were out cruising around on a fine, warm spring Saturday afternoon when the hunger bug hit us. We decided to hit a good Italian place in the Detroit suburb of Farmington Hills called Alfoccino but upon arrival learned that it didn't open until 3pm on Saturday's. We arrived around 12:15pm. We noticed a little Mexican place just down the way in the same strip mall and it was open so we decided to give it a try.

Upon entering this place it appeared to be a typical Mexican restaurant in the burbs. Immediately as we went inside I noticed a really strong odor. It was almost certainly strong cleaning solution they had been using. I've smelled it before in other commercial buildings and it was rather unpleasant.

The chips and salsa arrived at the table just as we were taking our seats. The chips were hot and a cut above average. The salsa was good but nothing special.

After looking over the menu my wife chose a luncheon special. She got an enchilada, taco and opted for refried beans as opposed to rice.

I chose a combo platter off the dinner menu. It wasn't the big, house, special combo but one slightly smaller. Mine came with an enchilada, taco and chalupa.

My wife had a choice of chicken or beef with her enchilada and taco and she went with chicken. She said her food was very good and seasoned just right.

My dinner comb was okay but nothing more. I chose beef for my items and they used the same hamburger type beef in the enchilada, taco and chalupa. The enchilada was flavorful thanks to the sauce. The taco lacked sufficient seasoning for my taste buds. The chalupa was disappointing. The shell was so tough I couldn't cut it with just a fork. I had to use a knife to get through it. It was just covered with beef, a tiny amount of cheese and a few shreds of lettuce and tomato. But the crowning glory of the chalupa was a dollop of very well done guacamole on top.

On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being the best, my wife gave her luncheon an 8. I think I'd have to give my dinner combo a 4.

Overall I'd call it average Mexican fare for the Detroit suburbs. Would we return? Probably not because there is better Mexican food to be found around here.

• Visited March 2012
Michigan
“Cheap and greasy Tex-Mex”
Reviewed October 13, 2011

Nothing special, just basic Tex-Mex. Priced cheap but then, there’s no high-quality ingredients or outstanding cuisine here. There’s always a coupon in the Penny-Saver, so don’t ever pay full price for this stuff. The entrees look nothing like the pictures on the coupon. The picture shows a nice presentation with big slices of avocado topping the dish. I’ve never seen avocadoes on any dish ever. You get small portions of rice and refried beans with your meal. Most dishes are oozing with oil. Fajitas are swimming in it. The veg fajitas are made with rubbery canned mushrooms (they really can’t find any fresh ones?) Chips and salsa are included. The chips are heavy flour torillas and very oily, and the salsa is spicy. For some reason, they make their guacamole with cream. Like it’s not fattening enough. Never heard of that before. They have a full liquor license, so you can wash down the grease with a beer or margarita. Bottom line, if you have a tight budget and want greasy Tex-Mex, this is for you.

• Visited September 2011